Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Trim question for Mach 26 with twin Outboards!

Boatjob26
    This question is for X-factor, or any other person who has experience with Mach 26's with twin outboards...What number on you bluewater gauge do you run at at full throttle?? We were told by Tony from DCB to run at 2 for high speed runs, so I've never trimmed out more than that. What about you, where do you trim to for high speed runs?
    thanks guys

XFactor
    My bluewater gauge does not zero out at 0. It acually zeros (motors in all the way) out at +1. I run through rough at +2 and top end on perfect water at +3.5max. If your gauge actually goes to zero, that would be 2.5max. I've had it at +4 but it felt a little to aired out. Darrin from DCB was in the boat at +4 and said that was a little to much. eek!

Boatjob26
    Yeah, ours does go down to 0 when all the way trimmed down.. I've had it trimmed out to 3 before on smooth water and it did fell it "aired out," and bit to loose for comfort. Thanks X-Factor

WCRM
    Hey guys it is hard to say where the indicator should be. Every boat is very different; ie: coolers, open bow, fuel, etc. It's more conditions and where the boat feels efficient at speed. Over trimming will rev the motors but won't go. All the m-26's I've built have all been different 300's and 2.5's love different trim settings. The idea is to trim a little and to get the back to "pop" sometimes that takes negative trim at speed.

Brad Zastrow
    I have owned 6 cats with O/Bs. I only use the trim gauge to set the intial trim for hole shots on single engine boats and to even up the motors on multi engine. After that it is all feel. Wind, water, passengers, gas tank level, turning, cruiser wakes, and speed all determine trim. Too little trim will slow you down or ill handling issues. Too much can slow you down and cause dangerous handling issues. Don't bother looking at the gauge at speed. I am changing the trim constantly.

Brad Zastrow
    I forgot to say that my Warlock RXT 25 cat with twin O/Bs the trim indicators cables broke and I have not missed them. Bit of pain to look back and make sure the engines are the same trim before I plane off. The trim motors are never the same speed on O/Bs. That 26 Mach should be impossible to blow over WOT in normal conditions. So trim it up till you over rev to find out what too high is. RPM goes up and speedo does not.

thats what i say brad all this talk about trim gauges,i always went by feel.i guess i did look at it when taking off too make sure drive was all the way down.friggin rookies watching there trim gauges as there running along at a 100.if you cant feel your boat,hear your motors,listen to your rpm.feel how your boat is acting over certain chop,little tail tail signs, maybe a ski boat is in order.boatjob not didrected at you i have heard many ask your question.

Havasu Cig
    I guess the guys that race the boats should take their's out
    I will agree that though that you get to know the felling of the boat when it is trimmed out properly, especially with O/B's. With Twins or more though it is nice to know that the motors are trimmed evenly.

mbrown2
    boatnam2:
    maybe a ski boat is in order.boatjob not didrected at you i have heard many ask your question. OK, when DCB starts making Ski-Boats with twin X's or Teagues in them with Wakeboard towers, I am getting them....with night vision heads up trim display.

race boats have 2 drivers one that only watches the trim.but i think that is a little different deal altogether.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast