Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: New Race Fuel Prices

UBFJ #454
    bp - The guy that sold VP @ Ming worked for C.L.Bryant ... The story as to why Bryant is no longer a VP Distributer is on the VP website ... Wow.

mj680
    WILLIS...They sell VP in Torrance,Ca .Lew Larson has the address.
    C L Bryant has only been selling VP for 2 years,since Union 76 stopped making racing fuel.No big loss.There are alot of distributors and dealers in Ca and AZ. Ron

Squeezing Spectra
    The Torrance VP distributor is Hot Rod Performance 310-782-9200.

Bobbo541
    ERC race fuel works great for me and cost less than VP.

Willis
    willis, will the same guy still deliver fuel to the track?
    i haven't found anything to be as consistent as vp. don't know anything about f&l? but i've tried several gallons of other brands, and the vp performed a little better for me, and has been tremendously consistent.
    bp, this thread was just to inform the guys that CL Bryant - VP is not going to be there with VP Fuel.
    I Don't know what the officers are going to do, just wanted to spread the word.
    I know there are some people who depend on the fuel truck.
    Just need feed back so I can take it to the officers.
    We have several options that include bringing your own fuel!!
    Willis

bp
    over the years, i've just gotten into the habit of getting my fuel at the tracks. where i live, it's not easy to find anyway, and i end up chasing all over the place and paying just as much.
    the guy (i probably have a card around here somewhere, just can't remember the name) has been coming out for quite a few years. ron, i know he's cl, but he didn't seem to care what he sold, whether it was unocal or vp, he was just providing a service, even bringing alky for the alky guys. consequently, i'd think he'd have something to offer, even if it's not vp. he was open to discussing contingencys, but i don't think anyone ever approached him.
    i'd prefer to run vp if there's someone around there that will provide it. there must have been enough people buying from him for him to keep coming back.

mj680
    Willis....A few guys wanting to buy fuel at the races,does not justify a fuel truck at the races.Unless you make it manditory to buy your fuel at the track like IHBA and NHRA does,it's probably best to have everyone bring thier own.The VP truck at Ming never had C-14+ ,so I always brought my own. Ron

Willis
    Hello Everyone,
    :argue:
    We are looking into another vendor who sells VP fuel. I and the club knows that several of our racers use VP and do not like to transport the fuel or store it at home/office.
    Will get back to you on the progress.
    Anybody who lives in or near Bakersfield who knows of a vendor with VP
    Drop a thread to me.
    Thanks
    Willis

Bobbo541
    Rick Frampton used to sell fuel at the track and if he wasnt going to be there he would have someone there with fuel for sale his number is 925-682-2274.

mj680
    Hello Everyone,
    :argue:
    We are looking into another vendor who sells VP fuel. I and the club knows that several of our racers use VP and do not like to transport the fuel or store it at home/office.
    Will get back to you on the progress.
    Anybody who lives in or near Bakersfield who knows of a vendor with VP
    Drop a thread to me.
    Thanks
    Willis
    Formosa Drag Strip just north of Bakersfield.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast