Thread: to droop or snoot thats the question

EMCAM
    I put a droop on my boat and it got real squirlyin the rear will it do the same with a snoot .And what is the real purpose of the snoot?

396_WAYS_TO_SPIT
    Put a snoot on it and run her!!!!! Call duane and he will gladly explain it for ya. Better yet I will talk to him in the morning because I need to call him anyways

Some Kind Of Monster
    So.... How do ya know which to use???

CVX20Dustin
    I have the droop on now and will be trying the snoot this week. Trying to stop the boat from ejecting every body out. Will let you know the diffrence.

SmokinLowriderSS
    From my understanding, the droop does 3 things.
    Lowers the thrust line which means the pump pushes closer to the bottom of the hull to reduce pushing the nose down,
    Lengthens the "moment arm" of the pump to give the nozzle more leverage to move the nose arround (but less than a straight snoot does),
    this effect lifts the rear of the boat without pushing the nose down.
    The snoot just does #2, giving the pump more leverage.
    From what I have seen (and I have not run either on my Berk F pump, stock) some hulls like a droop, some do not, sounds like yours is the latter. The snoot should definitely change the behavior. Good luck

TIMINATOR
    Claims be damned! Try it before you buy it, borrow one first. Diffrent hulls, setups, amount of Horsepower, which mold the boat came from all matter. Because it worked on a seemingly same deal doesn't mean squat. Because of this there are a lot of these around to try. When you change somthing, you really need to go over the entire process of setup again. Do everything that you are going to do horsepower wise first, or you will have to do it all again later. Shoe and loader requirements change with the boats new attitude with either snoot deal. TIMINATOR

Sanger Jet
    Claims be damned! Try it before you buy it, borrow one first. Diffrent hulls, setups, amount of Horsepower, which mold the boat came from all matter. Because it worked on a seemingly same deal doesn't mean squat. Because of this there are a lot of these around to try. When you change somthing, you really need to go over the entire process of setup again. Do everything that you are going to do horsepower wise first, or you will have to do it all again later. Shoe and loader requirements change with the boats new attitude with either snoot deal. TIMINATOR
    Good Advise

EMCAM
    thanks for the advise. I will try to borrow one