Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Anybody here Jet Hot an Intake Manifold?

cave
    Next week I'm installing a new cam. While the intake is off I was wanting to pretty it up a bit. Jet Hot looks good from Tyros (460) headers. Its an aluminum Edelbrock Performer. Does Jet Hot work on aluminum? Would I have to do any special prepping to to the manifold where it mates to the block or do they just coat the top?

Youngblood
    yes you can jet hot your intake. jet hot can do the top and bottom or just the top, whatever you're willing to pay for. here is a picture of the bottom of mine that shows what jet hot calls a thermal barrier coating, sorry I don't have a pic of the top but it'll look pretty much like the header coating.
    http://www.tncperformance.com/jeff/intake2.jpg
    http://www.tncperformance.com/jeff/intake.jpg

cave
    Youngblood did you have to prep it your self or did they prep it? this thermal barrier coating, What does it prevent and does it flake off in time?

I had my intake done as well, but permastar definitly looks like chrome, if that is the look you are going for, otherwise the jethot looks like a polished intake!
    Todd

9er
    Not the best picture but this manifold along with the exhaust was done 5 years ago. The manifold was the rough finished Edlebrock so it looks like polished textured aluminum. All I do is wipe it down now.
    We did the thermal barrier too. It keeps the heat from your motor away from your carb and fuel, for a while.
    They do all the prep in some sort of chemical dip to ensure adhesion.
    I've never seen this stuff come off, ever. I even weld on it.
    http://www.clubchopper.com/photopost...m/DSC02273.JPG

Youngblood
    Youngblood did you have to prep it your self or did they prep it? this thermal barrier coating, What does it prevent and does it flake off in time?
    I hit the top side with some sanding rolls to smooth it out some. Jet hot will bead blast or whatever to make sure the coating sticks. The thermal stuff is to prevent heat transfer from oil splash and such into the bottom of the intake. Basically trying to keep the intake cooler. I don't know if it'll flake as I've not used the intake yet.

Taylorman
    Mine is being done as we speak, will be done tomorrow.

460 jus getn it
    Jimmy, I have my intake done............Same as the headers, i havent had a problem yet.......

396_WAYS_TO_SPIT
    I Just did mine and it came out bitchin!!! I say get it done jimmy You will be happy

kcsteck
    Mike how much $ to do a intake and where is the place that does it.what coating did you get,polished or chrome look or other.Got pics?Im gettin Victor from Taylorman and was thinking about getting it done before I put it on.
    Casey

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast