Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Best Carpet for Trailer Bunks?

Tahiti21
    When the boat gets totally water proof, need to dump it at the marina, run back home and replace the wood and carpet on the trailer. Totally rotted!! Hope it didn't hurt the bottom of the boat.
    Anybody have good luck with a certain type of carpet that will hold up a day or 4?

396_WAYS_TO_SPIT
    I just did mine and I used some short stuff. THe back appears to have been glued. I can snap a pic tonight and post it. Its hard to explain...

Devilman
    Got my carpet from Home Depot. Outdoor/marine grade carpet. Worked great!

YeLLowBoaT
    They make a carpet just for it... It comes in a role I just did it last year it was 10 bucks. I would ( and did) use presure treated for the bunks. I glued and nailed( roofing nails) the carpet on... It should last a long time.

YeLLowBoaT
    here is what the carpet looks like ( just snaped a pic, ignore the pine needles..)
    http://images6.theimagehosting.com/Web DSCN0102.jpg

Devilman
    here is what the carpet looks like ( just snaped a pic, ignore the pine needles..)
    Looks just like mine.....

396_WAYS_TO_SPIT
    Thats what mine looks like. The place I got mine from has different colors.

rerfert
    When the boat gets totally water proof, need to dump it at the marina, run back home and replace the wood and carpet on the trailer. Totally rotted!! Hope it didn't hurt the bottom of the boat.
    Buy the wood and carpet (I got mine at Lowes)....Cover the new wood with the new carpet, take it with you along with a cordless drill and asorted tools to the boat launch...Replace the wood in the parking lot.

cave
    Just seen a guy doing this early Sunday. he had afew buddies to help. 1 to stay with the boat at the dock and another two helping with the replacement. Got it done in less than a 1/2 hour. Nice pit crew.

Nubbs
    I bought bunk carpet from Champion Trailers. It comes in a roll and they have various widths available. www.championtrailers.com

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast