Thread: water pump drive

Kindsvater Flat
    Where can I get a water pump drive for a 440 Chrysler? 3 bolt

superdave013
    The mopar freak here is wsuwrhr.
    He can hook you up no problem. Here's the link to his site.
    http://www.geocities.com/wsuwrhr/sbproducts.html
    If he's not willing to do it (bet he will though) I might be able to help out.

Kindsvater Flat
    Thanks dave. My drive is for a single bolt cam and it seems that it doesn't line up correctly for the Neovane pump. I would like to find another cover plate and drive.

wsuwrhr
    I dont have a part to bolt on, but I would be more than happy to make parts to keep another
    Mopar running. Let me know if you need something made up.
    Brian
    909-982-4068.

Kindsvater Flat
    After a few phone calls I was able to verify that the front timing cover and timing set is totally interchangable with a 426 hemi. Since those are available it shouldn't be any problem other than remembering what site I was at when I found them.
    Thanks Brian, I will keep you in mind if I have any other problems. The heads are off to the machine shop tomorrow.

Blown 472
    Kindsvater Flat:
    After a few phone calls I was able to verify that the front timing cover and timing set is totally interchangable with a 426 hemi. Since those are available it shouldn't be any problem other than remembering what site I was at when I found them.
    Thanks Brian, I will keep you in mind if I have any other problems. The heads are off to the machine shop tomorrow. I was going to suggest that. So you keepin that bad ass dodge??

wsuwrhr
    I was going to suggest hemi parts, but I figured being the Mopar guy you are, you already explored that avenue. Cam, valvetrain, cylinder heads, and a few other parts are the same for ALL big blocks as far as I know. The only exception being a hemi camshaft and heads. The hemi cam will actually fit in the block but the lobe arrangement is different. Sorry about the confusion,
    Brian

Kindsvater Flat
    wsuwrhr:
    I was going to suggest hemi parts, but I figured being the Mopar guy you are, you already explored that avenue. Cam, valvetrain, cylinder heads, and a few other parts are the same for ALL big blocks as far as I know. The only exception being a hemi camshaft and heads. The hemi cam will actually fit in the block but the lobe arrangement is different. Sorry about the confusion,
    Brian Dude listen...... this is my second Mopar. The first one I welded up and ran it in a destruction derby. I have always been a GM person. So I know not a fricken thing about a Chrysler. I got a lot of information from a guy I called today and I also bought a Mopar book from Mopar. Hopefully this will enlighten me.

wsuwrhr
    Ok, sorry. I assumed since you had a Mopar-powered boat, you either, 1. Made it that way, or
    2. bought it BECAUSE it was that way. I stand corrected, and in that regard let me know if you have any other questions you want answered. I listed my phone number, call anytime.
    Brian

Kindsvater Flat
    No problem. Thanks for the help. I tried calling today but you were out. And I'm not big into leaving messages.