Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: jet boat motor needed

GOT TINT?
    i just got a 19 ft kona jet boat and i am in need of a motor for it not in a huge hurry so i can wait for the right deal, the mechanic that works for my dads shop has a fresh rebuilt ford 352 motor with 390 crank and pistons. but he seems to think the engine would be heavier than the boat it self. (HE DOESNT KNOW ANYTHING ABOUT BOATS). If you could give me some feedback that would be awesome, thanks Tyler.

lilrick
    I would look for a chevy.

i just got a 19 ft kona jet boat and i am in need of a motor for it not in a huge hurry so i can wait for the right deal, the mechanic that works for my dads shop has a fresh rebuilt ford 352 motor with 390 crank and pistons. but he seems to think the engine would be heavier than the boat it self. (HE DOESNT KNOW ANYTHING ABOUT BOATS). If you could give me some feedback that would be awesome, thanks Tyler.
    Tyler...
    it all depends what u want to do with the boat?...if u just want a "good" reliable running eng...i would go with the Ford...if u want a fast boat!...i would go with a Chevy as Lilrick says...parts are easier/cheaper to come by...also...it depends on the budget!...just my .02 cents
    fastrat

460 jus getn it
    Tyler...
    it all depends what u want to do with the boat?...if u just want a "good" reliable running eng...i would go with the Ford...if u want a fast boat!...i would go with a Chevy as Lilrick says...parts are easier/cheaper to come by...also...it depends on the budget!...just my .02 cents
    fastrat
    Easy there, plenty of fords are running good numbers..............................

396_WAYS_TO_SPIT
    Easy there, plenty of fords are running good numbers..............................
    um um yeah sure

robsquezn
    i have 2 mtrs for sale BBCs
    454 oval ports ran 88 in v-drive long block $1500.00 with ram & carbs no pan
    $2200.00
    468 with all the good stuff gps 80.8 dart heads forged pistons egale rods steel crank 4 bolt hy po block no pan $2800.00 with polished ram & carbs $
    u can e-mail me or call me at (916)743-2606 robsquezn@sbcglobal.net

460 jus getn it
    um um yeah sure You know as well as i do there are............................

lilrick
    You know as well as i do there are............................
    I've always been a fan of underdogs. The majority of fast boats do have chevys. So when a Ford does spank a bowtie it is kinda cool because it is not as easy or cheap to make the same power dollar for dollar.

SmokinLowriderSS
    Yea, but I doubt any are 352's. Is that an old Y block or an FE?

um um yeah sure
    Wanna race?

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast