Are these oil changing stations a benefit or a scam? Anyone else dislike these places.
Yesterday I paid $42 to change the oil in my truck. Seemed a little high for an oil change. I used to do my own oil changes but I just got lazy on disposing of the used oil. The real kicker is that they go into stuff like you need filters changed, this and that changed. It's annoying especially because this being a new truck at it's first oil change. I remember that they would try to pull the shit with my old Ford truck too. I read the Ford Maintenance manual in the truck and these fockers would try and impose their schedule on Fuel filters and stuff like that. Even their reminder sticker they put on your windshield says come back at 3000 miles when my truck manual says 5000. I'm really beginning to reconsider doing my own oil changes again. I could get it done at about half the cost at home and a couple trip to the auto parts store.
Oh BTW there was a college aged girl there being worked over for filters and belts and all kids of shit. They just kept throwing at her "NECESSARY" changes right then and there. I almost wanted to approach her and ask her if she knew how often they needed changing and so forth. They were clearely taking asvantage of her.