Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Jiffylube, EZlube etc........

maxwedge
    Took my F150 into A lube place by my brothers house in MI a couple years ago because it was past due and I still had to drive 500 miles back home. Guy comes walking in with a square air filter that looks like it was dragged down a dirt road for a hurded miles or so, and says, "This is your air filter. It's really dirty and your engine isn't getting the proper airflow. I can change it out for $24.95." My air filter is cone shaped and it was about a week old at the time. Also I think $24.95 is outragous for an air filter. I ask him to show me where he got it from, and he says he made a mistake and it must have been from the Dodge Caravan that was in the other bay. I call BS and tell him to show me how that filter fits the Caravan. It doesn't. At this point I start raising holy hell in the waiting room. I threatned to call the home office, and the police to report fraud. I wasn't really that mad, actually I thought it was kind of funny, but I half expect that kind of crap from those places, and I wanted to see him sweat a little bit and maybe he'll think twice before he does it again. Also I was thinking maybe I'll get a free oil change out of the deal. I guess being I'm six three and 240lbs, the kid thought I was going to kick his ass or something. Kid gets real scared, says "The manager Terry made makes us do it...and he does it all the time. Then turns to the manager, and says, "Terry, you're a F**kin ashole and I hope you go to jail for this shit. Then he yells into the waiting room "This place is big F**king ripoff and they scam everybody... don't let them work on your car." Then he grabs his toolbox throws it in his S-10 and does a big burnout out of the parking lot, while the manager is standing behind the counter looking dumbfounded and guilty. I wound up having a long talk with the manager who claims no wrong doing, but is very apologetic. Says the kid was lying but he wants no hard feelings blah, blah, blah. I don't know if the kid was lying or not but I walked out with a free Mobile 1 oil change, free radiator flush, and a couple of free new wiper blades. I watched them do it all very closely. The lady with the Caravan got a free oil change too. My wife thought I was mean to the guy, but as scared as he acted when I threatned to call the cops and have the kid testify, I'm sure he was ripping people off right and left.

NOTALENT
    What's a little hard not to question is the knowledge of those guys working there. I don't know what kind of training they may go through but god damn they are young. I can't help but oversee everything they are doing to my truck. LIke you mentioned, I don't want to have to reaplce a major drivetrain component because of these guys.
    I hear that, I just dont think them places care to much. They just want to get you out and the next in....Only place I take my truck is a goodyear in Los Alamitos. I know the guys well and we take all our vehicles there. Most of the time he will change my oil free since the dodge always needs major maintnance... Really good guys though...and great pricing

Biglue
    I can't speak for jiffy lube as I don't do business there...however from a dealer perspective keep in mind that maintenance awareness is our job. I won't twist your arm or tell you you MUST do something, but I will definitely bring to your attention what you should consider based on mileage, and fluid conditions. Honestly, we are the azzhole either way. If I try to sell you a service, I'm "taking advantage" of you, if I don't recommend a service and you go down the road and have a problem I'm the azzhole for not telling you you needed it.
    Yeah bro but my truck just broke 5000 miles. I don't need an air filter changed. Know what I mean. The comparison I was making was the "JIFFY LUBE" maint specs over the manufacturers spec. Their's is more frequent hence you needing to spend more money via their specs.

Kachina26
    Took my F150 into A lube place .....cops and have the kid testify, I'm sure he was ripping people off right and left.
    Love it! I worked with a guy that translated for the spanish speaking peeps, he told a customer that the manager was ripping him off (not at the store I worked at). They customer nearly killed the manager

460 jus getn it
    I can't speak for jiffy lube as I don't do business there...however from a dealer perspective keep in mind that maintenance awareness is our job. I won't twist your arm or tell you you MUST do something, but I will definitely bring to your attention what you should consider based on mileage, and fluid conditions. Honestly, we are the azzhole either way. If I try to sell you a service, I'm "taking advantage" of you, if I don't recommend a service and you go down the road and have a problem I'm the azzhole for not telling you you needed it.
    you dont get many guys on the dealer level who will do this. honesty is a big thing and most of the dealers out there are far from that.

Itsahobby
    Had the same thing happen to me, after I just changed my air filter. Guy brings a blue air filter out that looks like it got dropped in used oil and says I need a new oil filter. I use Fram. I got a free oil change, after talking to the manager.
    How could he think he could get away with that?
    Never will go back.
    Hobby
    Took my F150 into A lube place by my brothers house in MI a couple years ago because it was past due and I still had to drive 500 miles back home. Guy comes walking in with a square air filter that looks like it was dragged down a dirt road for a hurded miles or so, and says, "This is your air filter. It's really dirty and your engine isn't getting the proper airflow. I can change it out for $24.95." My air filter is cone shaped and it was about a week old at the time. Also I think $24.95 is outragous for an air filter. I ask him to show me where he got it from, and he says he made a mistake and it must have been from the Dodge Caravan that was in the other bay. I call BS and tell him to show me how that filter fits the Caravan. It doesn't. At this point I start raising holy hell in the waiting room. I threatned to call the home office, and the police to report fraud. I wasn't really that mad, actually I thought it was kind of funny, but I half expect that kind of crap from those places, and I wanted to see him sweat a little bit and maybe he'll think twice before he does it again. Also I was thinking maybe I'll get a free oil change out of the deal. I guess being I'm six three and 240lbs, the kid thought I was going to kick his ass or something. Kid gets real scared, says "The manager Terry made makes us do it...and he does it all the time. Then turns to the manager, and says, "Terry, you're a F**kin ashole and I hope you go to jail for this shit. Then he yells into the waiting room "This place is big F**king ripoff and they scam everybody... don't let them work on your car." Then he grabs his toolbox throws it in his S-10 and does a big burnout out of the parking lot, while the manager is standing behind the counter looking dumbfounded and guilty. I wound up having a long talk with the manager who claims no wrong doing, but is very apologetic. Says the kid was lying but he wants no hard feelings blah, blah, blah. I don't know if the kid was lying or not but I walked out with a free Mobile 1 oil change, free radiator flush, and a couple of free new wiper blades. I watched them do it all very closely. The lady with the Caravan got a free oil change too. My wife thought I was mean to the guy, but as scared as he acted when I threatned to call the cops and have the kid testify, I'm sure he was ripping people off right and left.

Focker
    your focken joking
    I didnt know we were suppose to change the oil

Biglue
    your focken joking
    I didnt know we were suppose to change the oil
    Only when you start hearing the knocking. :crossx:

460 jus getn it
    Had the same thing happen to me, after I just changed my air filter. Guy brings a blue air filter out that looks like it got dropped in used oil and says I need a new oil filter. I use Fram. I got a free oil change, after talking to the manager.
    How could he think he could get away with that?
    Never will go back.
    Hobby
    awww the good old...... this is your filter and we recommend you change it.......

Ziggy
    your new truck is not a diesel is it? The oil the diesel uses is A LOT more $$$
    And a lot more quantity of oil..........
    These threads crack me up, and they say dealers rip you off

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast