Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Chevy beat Ford????

PHOTOGLOU
    Jay, when is the Avalanche and EXT coming out?
    ??????

Eliminator 4 Life
    So how's the Dodge....... Besides numbers are numbers
    naw it was a GMC and a Ford now I got a F150 with problems whats next

Biglue
    In truck sales.......Should be announced tonight......
    I swtiched from Ford to Chevy this year. Pretty good decision so far. Love my new Chevy.

riverbound
    Could it be because Chevy started "giving away" trucks way before Ford was forced to sell there trucks with little to No margin in an attempt to keep some market share?
    Of course when it came down to it, people didnt buy Chevy's this year because of Quality, reliabiltiy, etc.....it was ALL about price. Does anyone really think the #'s would be the same without "employee pricing"???

Biglue
    Could it be because Chevy started "giving away" trucks way before Ford was forced to sell there trucks with little to No margin in an attempt to keep some market share?
    Of course when it came down to it, people didnt buy Chevy's this year because of Quality, reliabiltiy, etc.....it was ALL about price. Does anyone really think the #'s would be the same without "employee pricing"???
    Maybe not.
    But I can tell you that after putting up with Ford on fixing my old truck even though it was the dealer (a blue oval certified dealer) I would not deal with them again. To think I almost bought a 2nd truck from them. Fock that.

riverbound
    Maybe not.
    But I can tell you that after putting up with Ford on fixing my old truck even though it was the dealer (a blue oval certified dealer) I would not deal with them again. To think I almost bought a 2nd truck from them. Fock that.
    I would venture out to say there are probably the same # of people that say the same thing about Chevy.
    The whole Chevy Vs. Ford thing is pretty even. For example I feel the same way about Chevy's so I would cancel you out. Something has obviously pushed Chevy ahead (which is not normal) and the ONLY thing Chevy realy changed this year is the introduction of "Employee Pricing"

ROZ
    World wide truck sales or just the continental US ?
    Public employee offer had a lot to do with the increased US sales..
    How about next years comps

Biglue
    I would venture out to say there are probably the same # of people that say the same thing about Chevy.
    The whole Chevy Vs. Ford thing is pretty even. For example I feel the same way about Chevy's so I would cancel you out. Something has obviously pushed Chevy ahead (which is not normal) and the ONLY thing Chevy realy changed this year is the introduction of "Employee Pricing"
    Don't forget that Ford and Dodge offered the equivalent of the employee pricing to compete as well. Then Ford went with the "NO HASSLE" sticker pricing. But like someone else mentioned when you look at gmc and chevy truck sales they beat Ford. They are basically the same truck. :yuk: :crossx:

ROZ
    Don't forget that Ford and Dodge offered the equivalent of the employee pricing to compete as well. Then Ford went with the "NO HASSLE" sticker pricing. But like someone else mentioned when you look at gmc and chevy truck sales they beat Ford. They are basically the same truck. :yuk: :crossx:
    They did, but it was much later during the GM campaign.
    Again, was this world wide sales or within the continental US?
    Toyota's total sales passed Ford a couple years ago, and knocked GM off the top this last year in total vehicle units sold world wide...

riverbound
    They did, but it was much later during the GM campaign.
    Again, was this world wide sales or within the continental US?
    Toyota's total sales passed Ford a couple years ago, and knocked GM off the top this last year in total vehicle units sold world wide...
    I was gonna say the same thing.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast