Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Chevy beat Ford????

Biglue
    They did, but it was much later during the GM campaign.
    Again, was this world wide sales or within the continental US?
    Toyota's total sales passed Ford a couple years ago, and knocked GM off the top this last year in total vehicle units sold world wide...
    Once the Toyotas and the Nissans come up with an HD or F250 equivalent they will conquer that market also.....just watch.
    And yes I hear what you and RB are saying. For me I like the Chevy better over the Ford.
    But the bottom line is best numbers......no matter how they did it. :crossx: :crossx:

ROZ
    Once the Toyotas and the Nissans come up with an HD or F250 equivalent they will conquer that market also.....just watch.
    Kinda funny... With all the competitive pricing going on the the hd2500 and f250 up markets, it appears that there is no profit margin.. So why go there when you can be top dog without that market? No brainer, then again they probably have a more profitable way of going about that business in the works

Biglue
    Kinda funny... With all the competitive pricing going on the the hd2500 and f250 up markets, it appears that there is no profit margin.. So why go there when you can be top dog without that market? No brainer, then again they probably have a more profitable way of going about that business in the works
    I'm sure they do. Don't forget about their labor costs over seas. Much less than us here.

abraman1326
    As long as the american trucks keep winning, that's a good thing. Foreign trucks just don't seem right to me, just like their SUV's. This is america, and we like them big.BRA

dmontzsta
    Probably cause of all the HB members buying trucks from you.
    Also, the fact they give them for "employee pricing" helped.

PHOTOGLOU
    Probably cause of all the HB members buying trucks from you.
    Also, the fact they give them for "employee pricing" helped.
    I hope you're being nice...... I don't try to slam any auto maker..... AND YES I AM THANKFULL for all the HB members giving me a shot....

Dave C
    GM just had better marketing but I am no so sure that was it either. Also I am not so sure its GM's incentives either.
    Around the time I got my Chevy (March) GM had incentives but so did Ford. The equivalent Ford was still cheaper than the Chevy. I could have gotten a better deal with Ford.

MagicMtnDan
    And yes I hear what you and RB are saying. For me I like the Chevy better over the Ford.
    But the bottom line is best numbers......no matter how they did it. :crossx: :crossx:
    Stay tuned - this market is going to get even more interesting when Toyota comes out with their all-new pickup!
    Below is their concept pickup shown at auto shows. You can see more on this truck here (http://www.toyotaoffroad.com/Article...TX_Concept.htm)
    http://www.toyotaoffroad.com/Article...ges/05_ftx.jpg

little rowe boat
    It's funny how many GM/Chevy people like to bash ford trucks, but they still use them as a measurement to their success.

cdog
    Anyone bashing either GM or Ford has half a brain. It's just a f'in car! Go ahead and be a cheerleader for you're brand. Keep it up and in 10 years you're only choice will be toyota or nissan. Wake up guys!

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast