Thread: B&M 420 cooling set up

ghittner
    Mounting a B&M 420 on a MK4 block. Can I run the water pump on the front of the motor like stock or do I have to go to a crossover? I have a 16 rib pulley setup with 3v for belts.

Mounting a B&M 420 on a MK4 block. Can I run the water pump on the front of the motor like stock or do I have to go to a crossover? I have a 16 rib pulley setup with 3v for belts.
    Greg...
    as per the diagram in the brochure i sent u...it shows they use a crossover...i dont plan on running either, instead, im gonna run my hoses off of the thermo housing on the manif...why so many pulley groves (3)...im only running 1 for the alt?...also...i hope u plan on running a Superchiller!!!
    Ron (fastrat)

ghittner
    Hey Ron, how's it going? I've just read a number of issues with going to a crossover such as pressure, flow and temp issues. I think it would be a heck of a lot easier to run the stock system with a cool thermostat if it fits.... Will it? And no, an intercooler wont fit under my hatch, I'm streching it as it is!

Hey Ron, how's it going? I've just read a number of issues with going to a crossover such as pressure, flow and temp issues. I think it would be a heck of a lot easier to run the stock system with a cool thermostat if it fits.... Will it? And no, an intercooler wont fit under my hatch, I'm streching it as it is!
    Greg...
    i dont know if the stock water pump will fit...u can try it to see!...the big prob might be the fact that u have a 16 rib set-up...no way that i know of to space out the top pulley to clear the pump...i have a 8mm set-up so n/p with spaceing...also...without a chiller ur gonna lose HP plus the fuel cooling issue & with the closed hatch there will be alot of heat under there!...i would consider running a chiller & cutting a hole in the hatch & makeing a nice covered scoop for it...i would run the crossover
    Ron