Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: No more cast pistons!!

GUGS102
    This is why you just don't do it! Don't be cheap, spend the money, the next guy(maybe me) will thank you. (this is on my brother's boat)
    This is a .40 over BBC with a healthy solid mechanical, victor intake, DP holley, they spent alot on money on this boat but cheaped out on the pistons!!
    http://www.***boat.com/image_center/...28CIMG1464.jpg
    http://www.***boat.com/image_center/...28CIMG1466.jpg
    Don't do it!!

460 jus getn it
    Yikes..............I just isnt worth it................................................ .....

Big Kahunaa
    kick ass

SmokinLowriderSS
    Ya have to stay within their limitations, for sure. Wonder just what the build was that overstressed the cast ones so much?
    On my rebuild at the start of my upgrades (winter 04/05) I HAD to keep my orriginal cast slugs, the budget didn't really exist even for the rebuild. In a few years, I will rebuild again and bump the comp up to 10 with some forged pieces tho.

GUGS102
    Ya have to stay within their limitations, for sure. Wonder just what the build was that overstressed the cast ones so much?
    On my rebuild at the start of my upgrades (winter 04/05) I HAD to keep my orriginal cast slugs, the budget didn't really exist even for the rebuild. In a few years, I will rebuild again and bump the comp up to 10 with some forged pieces tho.
    The stress was caused by countless trips to 5500RPM and repeated stress as the pump came into and out of the water
    It has 990 heads, crower valve train with a 250+ @.50 with over 600 lift (can't remenber exactly) 4 bolt lower, 7/16 chevy rods.

GUGS102
    Luckily it crumbled at idle, I was about 20 feat away in my boat and hear it come apart, so hopefully we did not do too much damage to the bore.

Some Kind Of Monster
    This needs to come back to the top. Those pics are brutal. Glad we forked the dough for good J&E's

b's sanger
    Ouch.

Code4
    Oh Nelson #109, where are you??????? :crossx: :crossx: :crossx:

Code4
    The stress was caused by countless trips to 5500RPM and repeated stress as the pump came into and out of the water

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast