Thread: Wear Ring

ursusarticus
    How do I determine what size wear ring I need when I overhaul my pump? I have a legend 12jg pump that is eight years old, and the thrust Brg. is wanting to be replaced. Since I have to tear down the pump to get to it I reasoned that it would be a good idea to overhaul the pump as well. The boat is a 1976 21' Eliminator daycrusier with a BBC.

HotDogz
    Contact Duane at HTP ( Hi-Tech Performance) here on the boards and he'll set you up right. Go with an Ultimate Wear Ring and you should not be disappointed.

SmokinLowriderSS
    Is there a pool on how long before Ronco shows up on this thread now that HTP and the UWR have been mentioned in the same post? :crossx:
    I want Sunday, 6 to 7 PM slot please. :idea:

Duane HTP
    The original size of the impeller wear ring surface was 7.225" The original wear ring size was 7.250" So, if the wear ring surface now measures 7.215", you need a .010" undersize wear ring, which would be a 7.240" wear ring, and so on as the impeller wear ring surface changes.

Jet Hydro
    I want friday 12pm to 8pm :220v: :rollside: ROTFLMAO Where has old Chet been ????? :crossx:

396_WAYS_TO_SPIT
    Buy Duanes ultimate wearring! Its so easy to install!! I just did 2 of them and they are the next best thing to bread and butter
    Duane, thanks for the info today. I will machine it tomorrow
    Michael

TexasJet
    Where has old Chet been ????? Ronco and Chet are one in the same.

IMPATIENT 1
    Buy Duanes ultimate wearring! Its so easy to install!! I just did 2 of them and they are the next best thing to bread and butter
    Duane, thanks for the info today. I will machine it tomorrow
    Michael
    they are easy peasy! very easy to set clearances on,remove and install.
    if ya gotta change thrust,may as well overhaul.your boat's performance will improve!

El Prosecutor
    Contact Duane at HTP ( Hi-Tech Performance) here on the boards and he'll set you up right. Go with an Ultimate Wear Ring and you should not be disappointed.
    Not so fast! Give me a few minutes and I will come up with a really cheap alternative - maybe a way to patch up your old wear ring or something you can substitute from Home Depot that will probably work O.K.
    Ahh never mind, just call Duane.