Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Prop Help!! 2003 Eliminator Daytona 26

Tony B
    My buddy just took delivery of his 2003 Daytona 26. He has a 1000HP Blown 540 in it. We need advise on the best prop for this set up. 1.50 gears with a B-max drive. The boat needs more low end bit. He is running a 34 Bravo 1 four blade on it now. I think he needs a five blade to get out of the whole better. Anyone???????

25 Eagle
    Call Kevin...R&R Prop Shop Henderson NV

Tony B
    Does he have a web site or, a # ??

Craig
    You might want to give Hydromotive a call. I've talked with them a couple of times and they're always full of good info. They're at (330)425-4266
    Craig

dorC
    A hydro will proably slip or even blowout when a bravo will grab. If he's having plaing problems with a bravo, then he might not even get on plane with a hydro. He may need to look at lower his x-dimension. This can be done with spacers. Another way to do it is with an extension box. When the bow rises up, it forces the drive in deeper to help with planing. You can still have some pretty significant slippage when the boat starts tipping over though. The other option is to have some additional cup added to the prop. This will help keep the blades loaded. The cup would only be added to the tips. If it's added to the root of the blade, then the prop will really grab when comming out of the hole and bog the engine. If the boat is just slow to plane because the engine is bogging, then try taking a little pitch out of the prop. This is done exactly the opposite of adding cup. The pitch would be taken out of the very root of the blade. When the boat is running at speed, this portion of the prop doesn't do a whole lot, so there should only be a slight loss. He can also try drilling some holes in his prop. If the the prop has the large through hub (ie not an over hub) he can then drill it for venting. Look at some of the mercury props for the exactly location of the hole. Try to match the merc hole size too. That way you can use the plugs to dial the hole size in. The -6 guys would use this trick if they had through hub exhaust. Its for this reason that they run the tubes for the cavitation plate to above the water surface.

mbrown2
    dorC:
    A hydro will proably slip or even blowout when a bravo will grab. Not to hijack, but why does the Hydro slip or blowout.... I found this true on a DCB Mach 26, we ran a 4-blade Bravo 30, and wanted to try a Hydro 4-blade 28, and found the Hydro did not want to hook up? The hydro and the Bravo prop were non-labbed..

Blown Lavey
    I would reccomed a hydro 5 blade as it really helped plaining (sp) with our cat.

Tony B
    Thanks for all the help. I will rely it to my buddy. Blown Lavey, did the five blade hurt your topend any??? What pitch is your setup??

Blown Lavey
    Maybe a mile slower topend wise but much better plaining and crusie as well as acceleration.

Tony B
    What pitch and size are you running??

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast