Thread: I actually got what i paid for!!!!!!!!!

ShutYaPieHole
    A couple of months back I was asking around on the boards for cam suggestions. All i hear is talk to Chris talk to Chris. I'm thinking OK OK. I PM cstraub69 and wouldn't you know i get immediate responce. I tell him I plan on building this bbc 540 to push my warlock to 70+ and do this while turning only 5,000-5500 rpm.He asks me a few questions and explains what it is he does. I leave the conversation thinking either i have no idea what a cam does or he's an fu..ing genius. (both were true)I Call back a couple days later still not sure about this.
    He gives me this suggestion for my top end and valve train:
    Cam:
    int.640 ex.580
    234 246
    108 118
    Dart 325 Aluminum heads prepped
    Includes the following:
    Custom 4 Angle valve job
    Upgraded Ferrea Valves
    Comp Cams Valve springs for Marine hyd roller
    ARP Rocker studs
    Manley Retainers
    Comp guide plates
    Comp Spring locators
    PC Seals
    Custom Hyd. roller Morel lifters
    1 piece .080" pushrods
    1 pair Cometic head gaskets
    By the way i purchased all the above items thru Chris. at a real good price......and a great delivery time.........
    After all this i get the motor together and installed. My first couple of trips out. i cruise around long beach at 3000 for 2 hours scared to push it. This past weekend i go to Mohave and i decide i am going to run this thing. Well to make a long story short i got exactly what i paid for. 29' warlock runnning 70+ mph (never have i felt a motor with this kind of throttle responce)
    I really appreciate all the info and great service Chris.(cstraub69)

I assume your talking about Chris Strabb, i purchased my cam and lifters from him for my build. I keep seeing people post about how happy they are with the results from him. I cant wait to see how my build turns out!

Rich,
    I appreciate the thread. I am glad your happy with the build, power, and speed. That's what it is all about.. . .and. . . .Combination, Combination, Combination.
    Shaun,
    I was wondering wether you had yours together or not. Let me know when you fire it up.

steelcomp
    The guy's a fraud, and gets his cams from Summit Racing. Besides, he talks funny.
    JK...obviously. Another satisfied CStraub customer. No surprise here. They just keep stacking up like chordwood.