Thread: Help with hatch lifts?

kcvega
    Having problems with my hatch lift. It's a Warner electric screw jack and sometimes it doesn't want to lift. The motor is still turning it just won't lift. I took it apart to look at it, don't see anything wrong and it seems to be working fine by hand now. It looks like the tube is crimped down on the screw threads. Could this be slipping? Anyone know?

91nordic29
    one time (at band camp) i held the switch down too long and it got screwed in way too tight. hubby not happy about having to remove the hatch to figure out what was wrong :220v:

acatitude
    Ive had mine only lift one side at times, but by running it back down and up and couple times it got back to normal.. good luck

KineticoH20
    Ive had that problem, togle the switch back and forth 2-3 sec at a time , it will catch and start to lift.

kcvega
    I did that toggling the switch maneuver and it worked a few times but this last time I tried probably 25 times and it never caught so I pulled it out.

bigkyle
    Same problem here. Put on a hatch accelerator box from Rex Marine and no problem no more.
    Good luck.

kcvega
    Accelerator box? Thanks.

ryantparks
    Mine use to lock itself down on the gear so I had to adjust it a couple of times on the hatch where the pin goes through. Works fine now