Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Sealing Shaft Logs And

bigkatboat
    MARINE-TEX! Tape off an area 1/4" larger than the footprint of the shaft log. Then thru bolt the log with the sealer in place, clean up. Fuel, oil, water and VIBRATION will not affect it's sealing powers! Silicone will melt away in fuel, oil, gear oil, Jack Daniels. I thru bolt and Marine-tex, NEVER any leaks!

SANGER-RICH
    MARINE-TEX! Tape off an area 1/4" larger than the footprint of the shaft log. Then thru bolt the log with the sealer in place, clean up. Fuel, oil, water and VIBRATION will not affect it's sealing powers! Silicone will melt away in fuel, oil, gear oil, Jack Daniels. I thru bolt and Marine-tex, NEVER any leaks!
    Where do I get this it sound bullet proof?

bigkatboat
    The best deal is the quart can, many places have it. Eddie, Rex, West Marine, L&L, Glenwood, etc.... I like the white, not the grey (it's too dark in color) Be sure to rough up all surfaces and it will stick! If you ever need to remove an item that is stuck down, heat it (aprox.300F) and give it a wack. Like changing rudder stuffing boxes, bedding struts, and cav. plates, it's the best. Your MONDO 2 blade will not shake it loose.

superdave013
    I just love marine tex. I use it for all kinds of stuff. After it sets up you can even thread that stuff in a pinch.

bigkatboat
    "Mr SuperDave" I'm going back to that 'Eddie Marine' thread and see if "MR Froggy" is going to come back on my comments about "stealing ideas and designs". I like reading all of these comments here, but sometimes I just need to ask "what the f^*k are you talking about? Over the years many people have 'told me' what was up. Very few have 'shown me' what was up, and the list gets shorter every day. Keep the faith!

Maxey
    SEALING SHAFT LOGS AND THROUGHT THE BOTTOM BOLTS AND SCREWS???
    What is the best sealer for sealing anything that is screwed and bolted throught the bottom af the boat and the best way to do it without covering the threads with the sealant.
    3M #5200 Sealer/Adhesive

maxwedge
    SHAFT LOGS AND THROUGHT THE BOTTOM AND SCREWS???
    What is the best for anything that is screwed throught the bottom and.. the best way to do it without covering the heads. I just love marine tex. I use it for all kinds of stuff..The best deal is the can.. Be sure to rough up and give it a wack. Like stuffing boxes, and bedding Jack Daniels. well you can pick me now.....and join me with a beer afterwards. Sangster missed ya new years.....but i figured you were busy fillin' bags.....but when we race make sure you dont leave any bags in the boat ok?? It's Big & Ugly. Where ever you drill a hole into wood be sure and make sure and squeeze some in the hole to coat the wood
    If you delete some things in this post. It seems like a Bench Racers thread. And I left out the silicone commments!

My boat was originally set up using marine tex.
    Used it to re-install. Working very well.

Sangster
    maxwedger....purdy funny.. You should be out in the garage figuring how to get this76 Sidewinder SS 455 over 55mph... PS. Is it a 76' Sidewinder SS or an SS 455ci.

schiada96
    marine tex is the only way to go on underwater stuff, use 5200 for the plates

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12