Thread: Fuel injector gurus L@@K Here Please

poncho-pwr
    Have any of you used Kinsler's electric lean out/enrichment valve? I have heard a few folks talk about it like it is the cat's meow, but I'm looking for more input. It is supposed to be perfect for tuning specific areas of the fuel curve. Just wondering if anyone here had first hand expeience with it and what you thought.

GofastRacer
    Heard about it but never used it, don't know if I'd want to either. It probably works good as long as it "works", I'd hate to have it stick in the lean mode if it took a shit though!..

poncho-pwr
    Yes, I agree 100%. It does sound like a good idea in theory though especially for tuning part throttle operation like you need in a lake boat or street rod.

GofastRacer
    Yes, I agree 100%. It does sound like a good idea in theory though especially for tuning part throttle operation like you need in a lake boat or street rod.
    Well I don't know, back in the day I pulled the kids in the tube and skiing and just cruising with no problems with injectors, and a guy I knew had a Mustang with Hilborn's on it and he drove it all over the place, and mileage was no worse than with a carb, actually it was better!..

poncho-pwr
    Yeah, it's all in set up. I just thought it might be a nifty new gadget to play with.

GofastRacer
    Yeah it probably would be fun to play with, but what does it cost??? And what's all involved in the electrical system??, that could be a factor on wether it's worth it or not!..

coolchange
    If its what I'm thinkin of its just an electric high speed. Hook it to an MSD box to eliminate driver error or a button on the wheel to induce driver error.

GofastRacer
    If that's what it is, I'll stick with the mechanical!..