Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Any Towing horror stories? Anyone use their AAA Premier Towing or wish they had?:

Flying Tiger
    Just put the Wifey on AAA Premier towing.
    Ya get more incidences, longer towing distances,, just a few bux more.
    With all the desert crossings, and we're half the time pulling something, and the extra long distances,, I thnk it's money well spent.
    Advantage Bob got stuck mid way to Havasu when his diesel did the eqivalant to a fuel system vapor lock (damfino , but he's a long time dealer diesel mechanic, and swears it happens above 115 deg F) and his towing bill, boat and truck was $1200.
    He's now on AAA Premier,, and woke me up to it. Had his advantage towed from Topoc to Havasu/Advantage one day with it,, no cost.
    Anyone ever use AAA premier (or equiv) or wish you had?:
    http://www.hotboatpics.com/pics/data...ShowLetter.jpg

MBlaster
    I've got it but never used it...yet.
    I've got an older motorhome so I've got the RV premier too.
    It's just cheap insurance.
    The whole deal with Premier/RV and the wifey coverage + membership runs me around 180/yr. IIRC

JetBoatRich
    Last Sunday had to use them I upgraded to the premier a few months ago, I always had the RV tow as well. They will tow your trailer and cover the first $300, at $5 per mile it adds up quick. But better than leaving your boat on the side of teh road. We were 200 miles from home
    If you have AAA, make sure you get premier service with RV. Get any extra cards as well, they each have their own limits and if one runs out you can use another.

HTRDLNCN
    Thanks for the heads up,I already had AAA plus but didnt know they also did trailers..

RitcheyRch
    Thanks for the info. I have the AAA Plus but will be signing up for the premier for the added towing of trailers.

bchbum
    Long time ago I bought a boat from a co-worker ,trusted him on trailer maint. Towing from Havi. with the motorhome by myself ,ended up losing 2 tires on 1 side . Used the the call box ,AAA said I wasn't covered for R.V. Asked if I could buy it now ,said yes but it wouldn't take affect for 10 days . Had to pay big bucks for this tow .

JetBoatRich
    Thanks for the heads up,I already had AAA plus but didnt know they also did trailers..
    Upgrade to the premier for the additional miles

lakewake
    Heading to Mead a few years back in a 34' Bounder pulling the boat.Filled up with gas befor leaving Vegas and it died in the intersection in front of the gas station(electrical problem). AAA sent two tows.Put the boat in the hotel parking lot and sent the motor home to a big rig house a couple of miles away. They paid for the hotel stay under the breakdown policy.

have the premiere and the RV/Trailer/Motorcycle upgrade.. knock on wood have not had to use them but like people have said... great insurance and peace of mind.

lalhc
    I upgraded a couple months ago when they sent me the free trial until my extension is due in July. I'll keep paying for it. My wife had to be towed last year from our home in Lake Arrowhead to the dealer down the hill.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast