Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Hoover Dam

SDLifesaver
    We are going to Lake Mojave for a few days next month and I would like to make the trip to the dam. What is the route from Catherines Landing? How long does it take and is there fuel on the way or do you need to start full. Any help would be appreciated. Nick

Outnumbered
    We are going to Lake Mojave for a few days next month and I would like to make the trip to the dam. What is the route from Catherines Landing? How long does it take and is there fuel on the way or do you need to start full. Any help would be appreciated. Nick
    Only one route--North. There is fuel at Cottonwood Cove Marina (West side just past the wide part of the lake) and Willow Beach. You will most likely want to start with a full tank at Katherine's and top off at Willow Beach. WB is on the river just below the dam.

blackcloud75
    Sounds like a nice put.....never done it

Outnumbered
    Here is a map and some more info:
    http://www.riverlakes.com/maps,_lake_mohave.htm

DILLIGAF
    Get to CC and have breakfast early. The basin can get pretty wild with the winds in the PM. What size boat do you have?

blackcloud75
    The basin can get pretty wild with the winds in the PM.
    AKA Lake Mo-WINDY

DILLIGAF
    AKA Lake Mo-WINDY
    No, no....AKA Lake MoChoppy

SDLifesaver
    Get to CC and have breakfast early. The basin can get pretty wild with the winds in the PM. What size boat do you have?
    That's our boat in the sig picture. 28' Deck Boat. How long is the drive from Catherines?

DILLIGAF
    That's our boat in the sig picture. 28' Deck Boat. How long is the drive from Catherines?
    62 miles from Dam to Dam. You should be fine. It is beautiful when you get up past CC and the water starts to narrow. I have done it many times before but if you have never done it I highly recommend it. The canyons get very narrow and it is like being in the Grand Canyon (on a much smaller scale of course). The water gets very cold up there so don't just jump in.

SDLifesaver
    Here is a map and some more info:
    http://www.riverlakes.com/maps,_lake_mohave.htm
    Thanks John. I am going to make a copy of that to take with us.

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast