Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: speaking molds what happened to all the old sanger molds

245 LIMITED
    i read all the threads on the bezer. as my 2 pennies go . to re-make the boat to keep the great history of hot boats im totally for it, and would think a company would be happy so many want there hulls still. for a guy to try and make big bucks off it. nope..... i am a sanger nut. what ever happened to the flattie molds the hydro molds and the mini day cruiser molds. my father had one of the few 26' tahoe sprints they made awsome boat but heavy... i heard at one time someone ( sanger maybe) said they would make hydro hulls but had to purchase 6 at once to even be considered.

RaysonKid
    My Dad use to be a dealer for Sanger up here in the Northwest.
    I remember him saying that Sanger Jack took a bulldozer to the old molds.
    Dont know if it was all the molds.

BILLY.B
    My Dad use to be a dealer for Sanger up here in the Northwest.
    I remember him saying that Sanger Jack took a bulldozer to the old molds.
    Dont know if it was all the molds.Your exactly right. Bulldozed all of them. What a shame!!!!. I love Biesemeyer's, but without a doubt, The Sanger bubble deck and pickle fork hydro are some of the prettiest boats ever made. I was just having this conversation the other day with a former boat racer buddy of mine and I was saying as we looked thru some 1974 - 1978 "Race Boat & Industry News mags", that at least you could tell the different boat manufactures just by looking at the hull ( all were distinct). Unlike todays big boats. Somebody should pull a mold off a nice one and make a few minor changes so as not to end up in court.

Kindsvater Flat
    Was this done cause of liability Billy?

Warlockjer
    Hey Billy.B, you are right about the Sanger bubble deck being one of the prettiest boats.

Monkey Bung
    Billy,
    Why did Jack destroy them?

RaysonKid
    I heard Jack did it because he didnt want anyone duplicating the Sanger.
    At the time sales where down .
    Sanger was taking a new direction. :rollside:

Bobby Knight
    I also heard they were all bulldozed. Not so much for the splash factor, but for liability. Too bad I agree the Sanger buuble and even non bubble were the some of the prettiest. My old man is holding on to his Sanger pride w/ blown black bubble flat, and a blown black cruiser.

V-DRIVE VIDEO
    Billy,
    Why did Jack destroy them?
    He got beat by a Bezer! J/K... or not!

245 LIMITED
    wow thats a shame. what are the chances of getting a splash mold made. or a exact with licencing from sanger. as they do with old car parts. hell you can buy a 69 camaro convt brand new. licenced from gm and exact. as for the old hydros nothing was more pretty

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast