Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: panther diverter

Cas
    Well, if you shop I bet you could get a pump for less. My setback cost me nothing. My transom adapter cost me $15 in materials. Guess it all depends on if you go the DIY route or farm it out. Not knockin the kit, just seems like a band-aid fix (without any word on how good it works...)
    I'll let the designer talk about the actual performance. What I know is with a stock BBC/Panther, the boat did 56mph@5200 rpms....I think the Panther was a bit tired. Same engine, same boat with the conversion, 56@4200 rpms.

taylormanss
    here ya go, best conversion yet
    before
    http://www.jetboatperformance.com/im...nversionb4.jpg
    after
    http://www.jetboatperformance.com/im...rsionafter.jpg
    and yes, it's still a Panther...kind of. The conversion basically turns it into an E pump.
    For all the skinny and pricing, contact Tom at Jet Boat Performance at (805) 466-4719
    and Jim, as Wrenchdaddy and Malcolm said, Panthers don't like pressure and reducing the nozzle size will do just that.
    why did ya blurr the pic?

taylormanss
    geez that looks crazy, im not sure i wanna know how much that baby is gonna cost, looks like a berk to me. did they just ream out the inside to make it bigger so it will flow or what?
    hey wrenchdaddy get your boat in order and come up to lake texoma on memorial day weekend! go over to texas***boats.com for more info.

Cas
    why did ya blurr the pic?
    I just copied the pictures off JBP's website and pasted them here. I'm thinking that's probably the proprietary section that is still under wraps for awhile?

I'll let the designer talk about the actual performance. What I know is with a stock BBC/Panther, the boat did 56mph@5200 rpms....I think the Panther was a bit tired. Same engine, same boat with the conversion, 56@4200 rpms.
    Hmmm,
    I'm at 64 at 5900. Way too much rpm. This just might be the ticket if I rob a bank.
    Until then, I guess I'll limp along this old Panther.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123