Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: What's the biggest tire

Biglue
    You can fit on an 06 2500 HD without lifting it? Not intersted in lifting it because I threw away plenty of money on my old truck. Has anyone taken this route? I was hoping to fit some 31 or 33's on some 18 inch wheels. Does anyone know if this is even possible?

sigepmock
    I fit 285/75R16(33x11.5ish) on my stock 2500hd 4x. Had to trim the lower valance of the bumper a little but other than that no rubbing and I didn't have to crank the torsion bars. I'm sure you could fit the equivelent size tire in an 18. The 285/75 was a little wide for the stock rim. Just be sure to get as much back spacing as possible to tuck the wheel and avoid rubbing while turning.
    Good luck,
    Chris

Biglue
    I fit 285/75R16(33x11.5ish) on my stock 2500hd 4x. Had to trim the lower valance of the bumper a little but other than that no rubbing and I didn't have to crank the torsion bars. I'm sure you could fit the equivelent size tire in an 18. The 285/75 was a little wide for the stock rim. Just be sure to get as much back spacing as possible to tuck the wheel and avoid rubbing while turning.
    Good luck,
    Chris
    Is that truck you are talking about in your sig line? Great looking truck BTW. If I could get those results it would be great.
    And yes I have seen that the valance will have to be trimmed.

cdog
    You can fit on an 06 2500 HD without lifting it? Not intersted in lifting it because I threw away plenty of money on my old truck. Has anyone taken this route? I was hoping to fit some 31 or 33's on some 18 inch wheels. Does anyone know if this is even possible?
    Talk to John over at nation wide motorsports in Yucaipa. 909-790-8600.
    He did a great job on my HD and my dads.

caroftheweek
    i have 325/60/18 on my '05 and no lift. there is a little cutting involved and torsions have been cranked a bit. the tires rub on the a-arms just slightly on a full lock turn. i love the combo, it makes the truck handle alot better. so far, i have 33,000 miles on Toyo open country A/T. they have been good tires.
    http://www.hotboatpics.com/pics/data...G_1017-med.JPG

sigepmock
    Is that truck you are talking about in your sig line? Great looking truck BTW. If I could get those results it would be great.
    And yes I have seen that the valance will have to be trimmed.
    No that's the new truck. 6" CST with 35's on 18's. Here's a pic of the old truck with the 285's.
    http://www.hotboatpics.com/pics/data...ruck_boat2.jpg
    Thanks for the compliments. I also have the Toyo's and love them. I used to be a BFG fan until I tried the Toyo's.
    Chris

Biglue
    i have 325/60/18 on my '05 and no lift. there is a little cutting involved and torsions have been cranked a bit. the tires rub on the a-arms just slightly on a full lock turn. i love the combo, it makes the truck handle alot better. so far, i have 33,000 miles on Toyo open country A/T. they have been good tires.
    http://www.hotboatpics.com/pics/data...G_1017-med.JPG
    Thanks COTW. THat is the nice beefy look I was looking for actually.
    No that's the new truck. 6" CST with 35's on 18's. Here's a pic of the old truck with the 285's.
    http://www.hotboatpics.com/pics/data...ruck_boat2.jpg
    Thanks for the compliments. I also have the Toyo's and love them. I used to be a BFG fan until I tried the Toyo's.
    Chris
    Thanks for the input guys. Brand of tires was another question I had in mind but looks like I may got the toyo route also.
    I really like the lifted look but I found with my last truck that throwing money at vehicles is money badly spent. That's why I decided not to do the lift. Just my opinion.

Magic34
    I had 325/60R20 on both my 2500HD trucks. You have to trim the front a little but it looks the best in my mind.
    http://www.hotboatpics.com/pics/data...Truck1-med.jpg

djunkie
    Put some 40" Boggers on that shit. :rollside:

H20 Toie
    Just get a sawzall and you can fit 40's

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast