Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: What's the biggest tire

MAINEVENT
    You can fit on an 06 2500 HD without lifting it? Not intersted in lifting it because I threw away plenty of money on my old truck. Has anyone taken this route? I was hoping to fit some 31 or 33's on some 18 inch wheels. Does anyone know if this is even possible?
    Lift the bitch you pussy

Biglue
    Lift the bitch you pussy
    Just hurts at trade in time bro. Blew 7K in extras on my last truck I didn't see a dime of on my last truck. :cry: :cry:

goneboatin
    I'm running 305-50-20's on 9 -1/2" wheels my 2500 with no clearance issues.

onetallhd
    My friend has 285/75/17 bfg at/s and loves it. He did install the torsion keys and now the truck sits level and has that beefy tire look. I tried to convince him to go my route of 37" tires with a 8" lift, but after my blow out on the fwy and the cost of my new set, he deceided to go the first choice. Good Luck

Flying Tiger
    I went through the trouble to mount & try 290's,, and no fit.
    285's with a little trimming on the inside wheel well tupperware work awsum.
    If you're on the road a need to replace the tire,, the 285s are most always on hand, in stock - in tire most dealers. 290's rarely on hand.
    We all tow in pretty brutal conditions, and can find ourselves on the road with grenaded tires, and a easy to find size may be essential.
    http://www.americansandassociation.o...0057.sized.jpg

djunkie
    I went through the trouble to mount & try 290's,, and no fit.
    285's with a little trimming on the inside wheel well tupperware work awsum.
    If you're on the road a need to replace the tire,, the 285s are most always on hand, in stock - in tire most dealers. 290's rarely on hand.
    We all tow in pretty brutal conditions, and can find ourselves on the road with grenaded tires, and a easy to find size may be essential.
    http://www.americansandassociation.o...0057.sized.jpg
    Exactly why I am leaving my new truck stock. :rollside:

sigepmock
    I said I was never going to have a lifted truck again after I gave away my first lifted truck......I lasted 6 months with the next truck(the white one above) before I lifted it. I had just gotten too used to being able to see over traffic, having the extra clearance off-road, and the extra grip of the larger tires off-road to stay with a stock truck. I got stuck all the time pulling the trailer in the sand with the 285's, went back to a 6" lift and 35's and no more getting stuck issues. I know sell my used truck private party or sell them to a dealer that specializes in lifted/modded vehicles so I don't take it in the shorts as bad when it comes time for a new truck.
    Chris

MAINEVENT
    Just hurts at trade in time bro. Blew 7K in extras on my last truck I didn't see a dime of on my last truck. :cry: :cry:
    Big Baller like you C'mon LOL

djunkie
    I said I was never going to have a lifted truck again after I gave away my first lifted truck......I lasted 6 months with the next truck(the white one above) before I lifted it. I had just gotten too used to being able to see over traffic, having the extra clearance off-road, and the extra grip of the larger tires off-road to stay with a stock truck. I got stuck all the time pulling the trailer in the sand with the 285's, went back to a 6" lift and 35's and no more getting stuck issues. I know sell my used truck private party or sell them to a dealer that specializes in lifted/modded vehicles so I don't take it in the shorts as bad when it comes time for a new truck.
    Chris
    My old truck was lifted and it did just as good stock as it did lifted. Except for the ground clearance. Hell I even duned my old truck when it was stock and it did great. I just got tired of the fuel mileage loss and the squeeks and rattles of the lifted truck.

Biglue
    Big Baller like you C'mon LOL
    Shit if that was the case, It wouldn't think twice bro.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast