Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: V-drive vs Jet Headers

Towndrunk
    What is the difference in a set of BBC Basett v-drive headers and jet headers? They look the same and I was told I can use jet headers on my v-drive. Is this correct?
    Thx
    TD

mickeyfinn
    Just don't put twisties on your V-drive. :rollside: Pipes may have a different angle since theengines mount differently.

Towndrunk
    Just don't put twisties on your V-drive. :rollside: Pipes may have a different angle since theengines mount differently.
    These are the ones I have in mind.

mickeyfinn
    Oh no! Say it isn't so!....j/k....angle could be a problem.May not clear your transom, or maybe tooclose fot comfort. If it gets you on the water, bolt em up and see if they work.

Bobby Knight
    The jet headers will clear on v drive. The angle will be pointing up since v drive mounts are close to flat, and jets angle down towards the transom. They look better with an almost level style (vdrive headers) imo

dmontzsta
    If you think about it, the bellhousing on a jet is at the rear and the motor is pitched down a little to clear and their headers are designed that way. So with a V-Drive all you have to do is keep that in mind and it should tell you what direction they are going to be \

QuickJet
    Hey,........ what's wrong with twisties on a V-drive?

Kindsvater Flat
    3 Bassetts and mine are Sanderson. One set doesn't run water. Can you guess which one?
    http://www.schoutenranch.com/miscboat/boatheaders.jpg

Kindsvater Flat
    Look at mine, Sanderson, vs the Aquacraft in front of mine. Headers unknown on that one.
    http://www.schoutenranch.com/gallery...s/10001/54.jpg

Towndrunk
    So are you guys saying that jet headers would look funny on my v-drive but they will work?

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast