Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: 24' Cheetah

NewGuy
    I am ordering a 24' Cheetah with a 496 Mag HO and upgraded drive. Bob is telling me it will be a 80+ mph boat. Is this true? Any suggestions or thoughts would be apreciated.

24ROD
    Originally posted by NewGuy:
    I am ordering a 24' Cheetah with a 496 Mag HO and upgraded drive. Bob is telling me it will be a 80+ mph boat. Is this true? Any suggestions or thoughts would be apreciated.
    NewGuy, welcome to the boards! I personaly think that might be a little enthusiastic. I think you are looking more like 70mph with that set up.

NewGuy
    24Rod,
    Thank you. After the warranty has expired I plan to add a whipple charger. Any other thoughts or suggestions with this set-up? Or with Bob? Thanks.

nodigg
    DID YOU ORDER A FAST CAT?

NewGuy
    We are getting the 24' Stilletto. Any thoughts or suggestions?

nodigg
    Sorry, I have had a fast cat for four years but can't offer anything on the Stilleto except that I see a lot of them on the lake. Bob has treated me very well over the years. My next boat will probably be a Cheetah also if that means anything. Best of luck with your Stilleto. See you on the lake?

nodigg
    By the way, Three years ago I added a whipple charger and head work to my 502/bravo one Fast Cat and have been very happy with the result. That is after I also added external steering. Very scary without the steering!

NewGuy
    Thanks for the input. How much of a difference did the "charger" make? I will have external steering from the start.

NewGuy
    Originally posted by 24ROD:
    NewGuy, welcome to the boards! I personaly think that might be a little enthusiastic. I think you are looking more like 70mph with that set up.
    What kind of cruising speeds do you think I can expect with this set-up in the 24' Stilleto? Do you have any other suggestions for me?

24ROD
    Newguy; I think you are looking at it the right way. We also waited till the waranty ran out, before we opted to go with a ProCharger. It made all the difference in the world. I think you are probably looking at 55 to 60 cruising. Then about 70 when you are all trimmed out and on it.

Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast