Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: 24' Cheetah

blown23vee
    Originally posted by 24ROD:
    Rick, We maybe going to havasu next weekend 20-21. I will keep you posted.
    -Carlos
    Thanks, man...look forward to news.

chrisman4u2001
    ive been talking with cheetah about ordering a boat ive never bought a new boat and know alot about motors would i be dumb to buy the boat without a motor and put one in myself? They wanna do the stilletto with outdrive just no motor for just under 30K its a good price i think... just looking for input thank you

dicudmore
    ive been talking with cheetah about ordering a boat ive never bought a new boat and know alot about motors would i be dumb to buy the boat without a motor and put one in myself? They wanna do the stilletto with outdrive just no motor for just under 30K its a good price i think... just looking for input thank you
    sounds like a good price...complete boat, less motor right?? Bob doesn't build the blingiest show pieces on the lake, nor the fastest boats in the world...but he does build a nice family boat at a good value that you can enjoy time on the water with for years.

Kilrtoy
    I prefer builders that tell the truth!
    80 with a 496. OK!

dicudmore
    I prefer builders that tell the truth!
    80 with a 496. OK!
    that was posted 5 years ago

Kilrtoy
    that was posted 5 years ago
    OH well that makes it OK then
    five years ago, five months ago, five days ago, five mintues ago, its all the same.

dicudmore
    OH well that makes it OK then
    five years ago, five months ago, five days ago, five mintues ago, its all the same.
    I was just sayin'...it wasn't this guy that was told that...

hot_diggity_dog
    The way you want to do it, is to order it with the motor that comes with a Bravo 1 outdrive. I think it's a 350 small block?
    You will need the parts off the motor to rig the new motor.
    You can sell the new motor once you install yours.
    HDD

Beer-30
    NewGuy;
    Don't forget the used market, that is real soft right now. If you look around at the surrounding states (NV, AZ, CA) I am sure you could find one shortly that already has either a blower or a blue motor (HP500 or HP525).
    I too was looking at a new 24' Cheetah. I knew when all was said and done, I would be $55K out the door, in the water, equipment, anchor, etc.
    I bought my 2001 30-footer with only 140 hours for $54,500. The other boat I was looking at during this was a 2000 Eliminator 28' open bow that had a 502 with intercooled ProCharger and XR drive with hyd steering. I could have had that for $52K.
    My point is, boats are not used near as much as cars. So, after 3 or 4 years, they are still like new. Plus, I don't know of one person here that doesn't keep their boat perfect.
    You can get a whole lot more boat or motor with your price limit.

hkunz
    You can buy a whole used one for less than that. Mine is up for a sale, a 2004 Cheetah Scorpion, 23 footer. You get the whole boat that runs great for 27,500, it comes with a 377 stroker and Bravo One. Great family boat, runs 56 all day long, 62 in good conditions (temp, chop, etc.). with a bog block, it would fly. PM for more details.

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast