Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Another Insurance Q

cheezpanel
    Hey guys...OK, here's the deal. I got my renewal premium on my Mach 22...2400.00/ yr. I have been searching and searching for a cheaper policy. Offshore Risk Management quoted me for basically the same policy written through Markel for 1131.00. Anybody use Markel or ORM? I'm going to call them back tomorrow and make sure the quote they gave me is 12 months and not 6, but I'm curious as to how it can be that much cheaper. I asked for a yearly quote, and have looked at both policies, I just want to make sure I'm not missing something. ORM/Markel was the only other company that would write the policy. Thanks for your help....I know this topic has come up a lot:frown:

RACER52
    MARKEL
    they have a great policy. just make sure your comparing apples to apples.
    Racer

cheezpanel
    Originally posted by RACER52
    MARKEL
    they have a great policy. just make sure your comparing apples to apples.
    Racer
    I think I am...
    38500 hull/machinery (1000 deductible) at Markel vs. 36000/2500 deduct.
    1500 trailer (250 ded.) Markel vs. 2000
    Liability 50k/100k from both
    Uninsured boaters 5000/ Markel vs. 50,000
    The only real diff seems to be the uninsured boaters insurance.

Robbie Racer
    cheez, what's the number for Offshore Risk Management? Markel and Ace won't insure my boat so maybe I will try these guys too.

cheezpanel
    Originally posted by Robbie Racer
    cheez, what's the number for Offshore Risk Management? Markel and Ace won't insure my boat so maybe I will try these guys too.
    ORM is a broker...Markel is the company who will be insuring me. The number for ORM is 800-773-0105...Lisa helped me and she is great. Good luck

Mike Schmidt
    I am currently trying to insure a 22' daytona, did you tell them it is a cat or tunnel. I have spoken to my insurance co and they will insure a cat but not a tunnel. Whats the differance "Right".....

mbrown2
    Originally posted by Mike Schmidt
    cat but not a tunnel. Whats the differance "Right".....
    No diff...maybe they are thinking of a catamaran as in Hobie ...
    I told some boat salesman the other day what I pay for my cat insurance and he looked at me and said "you are being raped"; I said..."naw that's a good deal for a 100+ mph boat".....and he said, OH....as in he was thinking Hobie..:wink:

cheezpanel
    Originally posted by Mike Schmidt
    I am currently trying to insure a 22' daytona, did you tell them it is a cat or tunnel. I have spoken to my insurance co and they will insure a cat but not a tunnel. Whats the differance "Right".....
    I basically went online to inquire w/ a bunch of companies. My initial inquiry went something like " I have a 1999 Dave's Custom Boats Mach 22 tunnel hull. Merc 300 outboard and Extreme tandem trailer...." My new quote and policy states the manufacturer and that it's a Mach 22...I've told the 100% truth about the boat. My renewal from last year's policy came in at $2400.00, and I got a new policy through Markel for 1130.00 No kidding...Just signed the paperwork last week.

TOBTEK
    Originally posted by cheezpanel
    I basically went online to inquire w/ a bunch of companies. My initial inquiry went something like " I have a 1999 Dave's Custom Boats Mach 22 tunnel hull. Merc 300 outboard and Extreme tandem trailer...." My new quote and policy states the manufacturer and that it's a Mach 22...I've told the 100% truth about the boat. My renewal from last year's policy came in at $2400.00, and I got a new policy through Markel for 1130.00 No kidding...Just signed the paperwork last week.
    so, your keeping the DCB right cheezer ..there were MACH22's everywhere you looked this last weekend. If you know of anyone, Im selling ours....ITS OFFICIAL

Propchecker
    We have ours through Markel (70k) total, 300k liability, no layup and the premium is about $1,700 so that sounds in line with your quote. All the other agents I talked to this year when it was up for renewal said to send in the money A.S.A.P. before they stop doing cats under 26'.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast