Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Talon T-21

hpron
    I will begin a total restoration on a Talon T-21...trying to find out if anyone out there has experience with this boat..set-up/,I plan on a 2.5 offshore with hyd.10 inch setback,full hyd steering..etc.

hpron
    Project in process..1987 hull, motor 1997 2.5 real real good shape.Pics are as it was when it was picked up three weeks ago..totally gutted at this point..doing some very minor glass work,a few trick mods with glass and have special strenghtening/Kevlar done to transom..the 2.5 is gone !!setting it up for a 98 300 Merc with new upgraded big shaft sportmaster,the motor is basically brand new from the box,46 hrs. ..motor to be modified at Boatworks in Miss...some new tricks to be applied.{same guys that run the Triad Drags in ODBA}..thinking of a 10 inch set back on a Detwailer {?} hyd jack plate with full hyd steering from the helm...
    Will use 20oz carpet on the sides and was thinking of some Pirelli rubber flooring inside..Interior to be all custom done at Premier Performance Interiors in Sarasota Fl...
    All gauges to be updated with latest Gaffrig GPS etc..
    Bottom to be done{Blueprinted}
    All glass and paint to be done at Triad Boats in Augusta Ga...they do awesome custom paint and build incredible STV and drag boats...
    Hope to submit to Hot Boat early early spring

Any input would be appreciated ..thus far working direct with Robert at Talon

hpron
    Pics, Pics and more Pics

hpron
    Pics, Pics and more Pics..

hpron
    Pics, Pics and more Pics.....

hpron
    Pics, Pics and more Pics......

hpron
    Pics, Pics and more Pics.......

hpron
    Pics, Pics and more Pics.,.

hpron
    Pics, Pics and more Pics.....................

mbrown2
    HP,
    Boat looks good...have you ever talked to anyone that has rigged one with a 300? I have never seen one with a 300, so I am wondering how it takes to the heavier motor...it is a bigger boat, so it should be ok....
    Good luck with the project.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast