Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: 2Stroke Vs. 4 Stroke Dirtbikes...

NOTALENT
    I have been riding for years Mainly dezert and tracks Starwest, Elsinore, Glen Helen...Lately on a Honda CRF450 or a Yamaha YZ426F. My buddies are sponsored So they always have an extra bike for me. I use to Own a 2002 KX125 and a 2003 CR250. All 4 bikes are great. I am going to get back into racing the Grand Prix races...La cerne, Glen Helen, 29 palms..etc.. ..I also use to do alot of big jumps...but I havent did this on a 4 stroke...I imagine there a little heavier...Kinda want the all around bike...Looking for opinions.

h2oski2fast
    I have been riding for years Mainly dezert and tracks Starwest, Elsinore, Glen Helen...Lately on a Honda CRF450 or a Yamaha YZ426F. My buddies are sponsored So they always have an extra bike for me. I use to Own a 2002 KX125 and a 2003 CR250. All 4 bikes are great. I am going to get back into racing the Grand Prix races...La cerne, Glen Helen, 29 palms..etc.. ..I also use to do alot of big jumps...but I havent did this on a 4 stroke...I imagine there a little heavier...Kinda want the all around bike...Looking for opinions.
    Big 6? I do all there fliers throughout the year.

Racer277
    The GP's are designed around 4strokes now. If you want to be competitive, you should be on a 4.

NOTALENT
    The GP's are designed around 4strokes now. If you want to be competitive, you should be on a 4.
    Thats what I mostly saw @ Adelanto this past year...I got so jealous I wasnt racing it!!!
    Its definatley gonna be for all around...Glamis, Jawbone, Tracks GP's...

djunkie
    4 stroke. But thats just my opinion. :rollside:

Ivan Dan
    I'm selling my 03 YZ 250 (2 stroke) to get a 4 stroke. Can't believe I just said that!!! :crossx: I never thought I would EVER ride a 4 stroke but technology has come so far with them that they are killer nowadays.

NOTALENT
    I'm selling my 03 YZ 250 (2 stroke) to get a 4 stroke. Can't believe I just said that!!! :crossx: I never thought I would EVER ride a 4 stroke but technology has come so far with them that they are killer nowadays.
    Yup....anyone know the weight difference off hand??? What kind of riding do you do dan???

4day!!
    if your interested in a used bike i have a 2002 YZ250F (4 stroke) that is going in the cycle trader next week.
    http://www.***boat.com/image_center/...79_800x600.jpg
    http://www.***boat.com/image_center/...78_800x600.jpg
    PM me if you are interested. I just sold my sons bike to another board member

Speedin' Ian
    I would imagine the weight difference on new bikes is about 10-15lbs, but I'm not sure. I have the CRF 450, before that I had YZF 426, and before that I had a CR 250. The CR was set-up for the desert and was a great bike, I'm not sure what the YZF was set-up for, but it was a terrible bike... really heavy, blew up the trans, terrible feel (probably could have dialed that in by changing suspension, bars, etc.) CRF is by far the best bike I have ever riden. I raced it in the desert and did one GP at Glenn Helen and it worked great in both, also did a little track riding and it feels great there as well, though it wears me out a lot quicker on the tracks than the 250F's. If you're interested I have a friend selling an 05 CRF 450R, it has very little use.

sigepmock
    I was a 2smoke fan for years...swore I'd never ride a fourstroke but then I rode the newer fourstrokes....wow I was sold...takes a little while to get used to the power difference but now I'm hooked. If you get a chance try the 06 Yamaha YF 450F with the alum frame....best damn bike I have ever been on....light and nimble...tons of usable power, no huge hit like the older ones....simply the fastest easiest bike to go fast on I've ever ridden...bar none.
    Chris

Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast