Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Another Rice Road Accident

JB in so cal
    Coming home today; passed the scene at about 12:00.
    About 10 miles east of the 177/62 split.
    Looked to be a head on between a mini van and a bike. Didn't look good at all. I have no details on injured or worse. Fire crew was there and chp was just slowing down to stop when we rolled by. There were about a half dozen vehicles that had stopped; they didn't need another one.
    I don't know why I continue to drive that phuggin road!!!

riverroyal
    Coming home today; passed the scene at about 12:00.
    About 10 miles east of the 177/62 split.
    Looked to be a head on between a mini van and a bike. Didn't look good at all. I have no details on injured or worse. Fire crew was there and chp was just slowing down to stop when we rolled by. There were about a half dozen vehicles that had stopped; they didn't need another one.
    I don't know why I continue to drive that phuggin road!!!
    motorcycle or a bicycle!!!So 12 noon on rice road,was there maybe 3 other cars on the entire road??

No Name
    Bad news :frown: another good reason for selling my bike.

JB in so cal
    motorcycle or a bicycle!!!So 12 noon on rice road,was there maybe 3 other cars on the entire road??
    Motor variety. Just the engine, mostly.

voodoomedman
    I take the road often but slow down and keep to the right when somebody's coming the opposite direction so that if I have to go into the dirt I can do so safely. But with all the drama out there.........
    Has anybody tried just going to the 95 on the California side. That way you stay on the 10 up a bit to the 95 and you end up at Vidal Junction and then are only 17 miles to Parker. How's that drive safety wise, time wise mileage wise compared? Everyone talks about Ehrenburg but it seems that this way would be closer, just as safe and no Indian territory.

riverroyal
    I take the road often but slow down and keep to the right when somebody's coming the opposite direction so that if I have to go into the dirt I can do so safely. But with all the drama out there.........
    Has anybody tried just going to the 95 on the California side. That way you stay on the 10 up a bit to the 95 and you end up at Vidal Junction and then are only 17 miles to Parker. How's that drive safety wise, time wise mileage wise compared? Everyone talks about Ehrenburg but it seems that this way would be closer, just as safe and no Indian territory.
    its way to long

shadow
    Used Ehrenberg last night,IMO it's the only route to take.Gave up Rice rd along time ago.
    Maybe 10-15 minutes longer,but well worth the piece of mind,to set the crusie and not have to stress about on coming or passing vehicles.

voodoomedman
    its way to long Really? I'm talking about 95 on the California side to Vidal Junction. Not all the way into Arizona and then to that 95. I know that's waaaaaaaaaaay long. Is Ehrenburg better than the CA 95 or are you just making a joke to keep people off of your travel path?

riverroyal
    Really? I'm talking about 95 on the California side to Vidal Junction. Not all the way into Arizona and then to that 95. I know that's waaaaaaaaaaay long. Is Ehrenburg better than the CA 95 or are you just making a joke to keep people off of your travel path?
    its 16 miles to parker from vidal,,,,its around 4 miles from ca 95 to ehrenburg off the 10...plus 95 has some curves

termiteguy
    i now take the95 on the az side its alot safer and flater. i have never seen any le. on that road i drive around 65 mph. sombody posted on hear that the river would still be there and they were right !!!!!!!!!!!!well worth the 15 minuts if you think about the worst case senario.

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast