Hello everyone. I'm considering the purchase of a project boat. I know of one locally, its an old Johnson boat. Its over 20 feet and its a tri hull design, if i'm using the term correctly. It has a small block chevy engine in it now but I would be replacing that with another chevy engine I have as I'm sure this one doesn't run. Now my question is this, do boats have titles like cars? Seriously this boat could be had for a couple hundred bucks. It has an Ohio number on the side of it, I'm not sure what that number is for, is it like a registration number like a lisence tag on a car?
I have good plans for the boat. The hull is in great shape, but the seats are completely rotten. I can fix that easily though. I live in Ohio but we have a house in Florida in Sarasota as well. The boat would probably be staying down there most of the time as the only other place to take it around were I live would be the Ohio river.
So any help for a new guy wanting to live a life on the water would be much apreciated!!