Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Leinart's post game interview

Nubbs
    Did I hear that right? Did Matt Leinart say "I still think we're the better team. They just made some plays at the end." Is this guy on crack? I always thought the team that makes the plays is the better team. USC couldn't make any plays, yet they're still the better team. What a donkey.

Kilrtoy
    In defense of SC, the ref gave TEXAS two calls that resulted in 10 Points...
    That means they are still down by 7 maybe more....

Bryan Rose
    Face it they lost......Bad calls go both ways USC got the better of Notre Dame That way this year ... it happens, move on Great game however.
    Bryan

Nubbs
    In defense of SC, the ref gave TEXAS two calls that resulted in 10 Points...
    That means they are still down by 7 maybe more....
    I saw the pitch on the touchdown run. What's the other call? Either way, SC could not make a play when they needed to. They had plenty of opportunities. But what about the interview? Did anybody else hear it?

Nubbs
    Personally, I think USC is the better team too. But, tonight, Vince Young was the best player on the field.
    How on earth can you say SC is the better team? The better team definitely won tonight. I'm not saying SC is bad, but Texas is clearly better. What team made the plays when they needed them?

HM
    The better team does not always win games in any sport, that's why they play the games. Texas benefited from a couple bad calls, no big deal. USC probably got a few call their way during their 34 game winning streak.
    Personally, I think USC is the better team too. But, tonight, Vince Young was the best player on the field.
    yes, the better team does not always win, but they win when it counts. Tonights game counted more than the others, and they lost. We should re-name them the USC Origamy...since they fold under pressure.

mbrown2
    When you lose you should give credit to the winning team. No excuses. Lose just like you won.
    He should have given them credit for beating them. Showed a lack of class IMO
    Exactly....I agree....but I can't get down on a 22yr old kid that just lost the biggest game of his life...
    I think Vince Young showed less class in his body language at the Heisman Awards....
    Excuses aside Texas was better tonight and the scoreboard reflected it.

moneypit
    Bush should have never tried to pitch the ball.

mbrown2
    I think it was the same kind of thing. Not less but the same kind of thing
    Your right, you can't measure lack of class...it's either yes/no..

rivercrazy
    I agree - it wasn't the right comment to make at the time.
    But its a FACT that bad calls directly resulted in 10 Texas points. USC really won this game despite the final score.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast