Thread: muffler help

NEWMAN28
    I just put a new 620ci merlin in my boat with big tube headers, 4.5 inch tips dry, who makes a good muffler without having to take a 2nd out on my house. even thinking of looking for something used any help or ideas out there thanks D

I just put a new 620ci merlin in my boat with big tube headers, 4.5 inch tips dry, who makes a good muffler without having to take a 2nd out on my house. even thinking of looking for something used any help or ideas out there thanks D
    Summit Racing carries "SuperTrapps"...this is what i use when i have too!...they come with baffles to tune ur mtr also...easy to put in & take out...i personally wouldnt use anything else...i hope this might help...just my .02 cents
    fastrat

NEWMAN28
    thanks fastrat for the info I will look into them, my motor is @ 117 to 120 db on the meter any idea what type of a db drop I would see ? thanks again..D

thanks fastrat for the info I will look into them, my motor is @ 117 to 120 db on the meter any idea what type of a db drop I would see ? thanks again..D
    i dont know exactly what drop u would see, but when i lived in Cal, the lakes i went too only reguired that u have mufflers...i was never cked for db levels...i do know that they are made to add or subject baffle plates to quiet the motor down (db level)...less plates=quieter...more plates=louder...also...running dry increases the noise levels...why are u running dry?...u could run wet & add the mufflers and prob get down to 92+- db's
    fastrat