Thread: New owner needs help

PSI Racing
    Hoping you all can help out.I recently acquired an advantage 18'.The boat was given to me as trade for some work.It is in pretty good shape considering it has not seen water for about 6 years(last sticker was 2000).The ID # on the hull is AV 1 18 1 58 1 687.Can anyone tell me the year off these numbers? Also wondering if you can tell me if I can get wiring diagrams from advantage?I cant give much more info other than it has 4 place seating 460 ford power bassets berkley pump etc.
    Thanks for any assistance

Cas
    the last 2 numbers are usually the year...in your case, it's an 87.
    If you do a search here in the jet boat section, there was another thread posted very recently with a wiring diagram.
    do you have a picture or 2 of your boat?

sdpm
    Hoping you all can help out.I recently acquired an advantage 18'.The boat was given to me as trade for some work.It is in pretty good shape considering it has not seen water for about 6 years(last sticker was 2000).The ID # on the hull is AV 1 18 1 58 1 687.Can anyone tell me the year off these numbers? Also wondering if you can tell me if I can get wiring diagrams from advantage?I cant give much more info other than it has 4 place seating 460 ford power bassets berkley pump etc.
    Thanks for any assistance
    The last 4 digits: The 1 should be a letter for the month built.(A=Jan, B=feb, and so on),
    The 6 is the year built (1986)
    The 87 is the model year (1987)

Post a pic. Chances are it's a bubbledeck (from the Rogers 18) and a nice hull if I do say so myself (I have a 1983 Advantage open bow). Maybe
    Old Rigger knows when they switched styles on the 18. From what I've seen, it was around 87-88.

PSI Racing
    Tahnks for the info.I'll do a search and see what comes.I will take a couple shots and get them on tonight.
    Thanks again.