Thread: LS7 parts spam

Rayson18LP
    I am contemplating purchasing an LS7 complete to use the block for my 468 build and will not be using the rotating assembly, and was wondering what this stuff is worth:steel crank and rods with 7/16 bolts, I will use the heads most likely. any idea woul be appreciated I'm trying to offset the coast a bit.

LeE ss13
    The same rotating assembly from Speed-o-Motive with new bearings and rings is $1750. The Rod Bearings out of a new LS7 would be fine, but the Main Bearings would be Select Fit for that block only.

Rayson18LP
    Sounds kinda steep for a used crank and rods, but Im not real up to date on this stuff?

PSI Racing
    Why not use the stock crank and rods?? Plenty stout enough for most any combo.Cranks were nitrided put good arp wave loc bolts in the rods your choice of piston and go to town.
    $.02

LeE ss13
    Sounds kinda steep for a used crank and rods, but Im not real up to date on this stuff?
    That was just to give you an idea what new would cost. If it is used and the crank is still standard, cranks go for about $200 to $300 at swap meets, depending how good they look. Used 7/16 rods go for about the same. If the pistons are stardard, (4.250"), they might be hard to move, (sell).

Towndrunk
    I might be interested in all of it depending on shape and price.

Rayson18LP
    I may part with the stock stuff becuase I already have a balanced aftermarket assembly really nice stuff, I bought the motor for the block and heads. If anyones interested pm me with an offer, motor is not apart yet.

Rayson18LP
    Oh and thanks again for all the info guys