Thread: Fuel Stabilizer

rodnjen
    Sad to say that my boat has been sitting for about 7 months. I should have added Sta-bil before I stored it.
    Is there anything out there that can be added after the fact to mitigate the effects of gasoline that has been stored?

Not So Fast
    Sad to say that my boat has been sitting for about 7 months. I should have added Sta-bil before I stored it.
    Is there anything out there that can be added after the fact to mitigate the effects of gasoline that has been stored?
    Maybe fill it up with premium gas or add octane booster and hope for the best. My boat sits during the winter and no problems but its not 7 months long. Good luck. NSF

DeltaSigBoater
    I've done this a few times...
    What I used to do was on the way to the lake stop and pick up about 10 gallons of 100+ octane, and dunp it in the tanks. But the past 2 years nobody has been selling it.
    Plan B has been to buy a about 2 cases of fuel system cleaner and 2 cases of octane booster.
    Also I change the fuel filter.
    Hope everything works out.

ThongMagnet
    Don't waste your time with old fuel. Pump it out, fill it up half way, and add fuel treatment. You don't want old fuel running through your injecter or Carb.

a catered life
    Don't waste your time with old fuel. Pump it out, fill it up half way, and add fuel treatment. You don't want old fuel running through your injecter or Carb.
    agreed it becomes a bigger problem on the water so do it right the first time

Screaming Pete
    add av gas , change fuel filter pre charge with new fuel, shake up new fuel with old and buy a new battery and START...good luck

Artimus
    These guys claim to have stuff that works. PRI G (http://www.batterystuff.com/tutorial_fuel_storage.html) Interesting reading but I would still run the old fuel in my truck & put fresh into the boat. :boxed:

Procraftkev
    Two cans of sea foam in each tank top off with fresh gas you should be ok.You can buy the sea foam at napa auto parts