Thread: Does a lab prop do that much ????

I DIG IT !
    my budy has a broson i think and i know that that all the blades are balanced the same and a little thiner but are they all what they are built up to bee for almost twice as much ????

al cole'holic
    ..most likely it is a balanced & blueprinted prop, and yes they are worth it. I have had great results with York and Bronson props....when I had a boat that is :cry:

I DIG IT !
    really how much more did you get out of you boat before and after??

al cole'holic
    really how much more did you get out of you boat before and after??
    ...for the most part, increased planning speeds and hole shots with a nicer rollover..the top end was a hair better, but my boat was 6700 off the trailer. I did see 72-75 once or twice!

Primetime
    I switched from a 4 blade lab to a 5 blad lab and gained 2mph and alot quicker to plane

bordsmnj
    whemn you think about the real cost of perfermance gains typical 1000 bucks for every mile an hour over stock 300 for 3 miles an hour isn't bad but it's up to the individual. do you really want that extra couple miles an hour???

SHAKEN Not Stirred
    NOTHING works like a Mercury labbed prop......nothing.......Later....
    CJG

Fast Freddy
    i have two labbed props. i run the 28 in the spring & the fall at lower elevation lakes like havasu and i run the 26 at higher elevation lakes like roosevelt in the summer. lab finishing not only gives you a couple more mph top speed and higher rpm's but it also gets you out of the hole quicker and helps accelerate your boat through the entire rev range quicker. it eliminates cavitation and slip that you get with non-labbed props. the only down side other than the $$$ is that they wear out quicker than non-labbed props.

duffster
    I think a lot of people Lab props for the wrong reasons. It's all about increasing or decreasing 200-300 RPM's to gain speed.
    my budy has a broson i think and i know that that all the blades are balanced the same and a little thiner but are they all what they are built up to bee for almost twice as much ????