Thread: Olds 455 Alternator Bracket

robk
    Does anyone know exactly which alternator bracket(s) the 455 uses? I'm having trouble locating a vendor that carries a bracket that claims to work specifically for the 455, and since I'm not familiar with the specifics of the part I'm not sure about what other Olds/GM/Pontiac motors may have used the same exact part?
    Also, I just rebuilt the Edelbrock Performer 750 carb (AFB type) and remembered that the previous owner had experienced trouble in jetting it. The primary jets are .110 and the secondaries .107. I mic'ed the metering rods and they appear to be stock. However, I'm hoping that someone can point me in the direction to get the thing in the ballpark before I start fine tuning.... Its stock except for that carb and a performer manifold. I've read through old posts and done some research, but the best I can find is to rejet it to stock and go from there?
    Thanks
    Rob

Taylorman
    I have an alternator bracket for a 455 if you need it. I just took it off my boat cause i had to relocate my alt. when i built my rail kit.

maxwedge
    Not trying to jack the thread or anything, but how did you finally work out that alternator Taylorman?

robk
    I have an alternator bracket for a 455 if you need it. I just took it off my boat cause i had to relocate my alt. when i built my rail kit.
    Thank you Taylorman for the help with the alternator bracket.
    So... Anyone have any ideas for a good jetting/metering rod starting point? Aren't these carbs set up for 400+ CI stock? Im thinking that returning it to the stock jets and metering rods would be a good place to start tuning.

Taylorman
    Not trying to jack the thread or anything, but how did you finally work out that alternator Taylorman?
    Im gonna mount is directly to the motor mount plate. I haven't done it yet, i still have some fitting to do on the plate. I'll put up a picture when its done.

Sangster
    Rex sells a crank mount altenator...

robk
    Rex sells a crank mount altenator...
    Thanks, but Taylorman had a stocker to get rid of. That'll work fine for me, since no one will see the bracket anyway.