Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Mach 22 w/twins...insurance?

Jrocket
    This might have been asked before but,does anybody in here have a Mach22 with twin outboards? Im trying to find an affordable insurance Co..Seems as if all the Companies have raised thier rates on these boats? Any body want to give me an idea of a yearly cost to insure? I am being told if its over 100mph and this small its outrageous.Are they correct? Some places have said 5k to 6k a year? Anybody know?.....John

kab
    I have a Mach 22 with twins the cost of insurance is 2700. That is not only the cheapest I have found but also the only insurance I could find.

Boatmaster
    I had a 21 Daytona with twin 2.5s covered for 900 a year with Buzz at PMA. They knew the boat did 108mph.

kab
    buzz lost that carrier, just recently. I was covered with Buzz @1700 until that carrier just pulled the plug. Now he says he doesn't have anyone to insure my boat.

Jrocket
    The reason I asked this is,Im wanting to buy a Machh22 w/twins but the stories Ive heard about getting insurance is scary.Most companies say no way or its way up there.So far ive been told if its only 22ft and goes over 100 forget it...Most people tell me their carriers are just dropping them..........So now what?

chad
    I have a Mach 22 w/twins. Just renewed my insurance last week with Buzz at $1970 a year.

Jrocket
    So it seems Buzz used to be the man to talk to?Chad do they know your boat runs over 100? Is there any other people to call besides Buzz?

kab
    I believe that your OK to renew a policy but they dont want to write new ones. There are a few other numbers to call, I will get them tonight and post them tomorrow. Chad what motors are you running? Buzz told me he had no one to write a policy for my boat,and I told him I had stock 260's.

HavasuDreamin'
    Everyone on the board says to try Gary Cann with State Farm! I don't know his number, but a lot of people on the board do..........you may want to post a message asking for his number. Good Luck!

MissHavasuCig
    HavasuDreamin':
    Everyone on the board says to try Gary Cann with State Farm! I don't know his number, but a lot of people on the board do..........you may want to post a message asking for his number. Good Luck!No no no!!! We tried Gary Cann for the 26' cat and they rejected the policy 3 months after the policy was started.... Don't even waste your time

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast