Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Place Diverter

STROKER ACE
    Manual or Elec. Price does not matter, what are the pros and cons?

Taylorman
    You mean manual or hydraulic. Ive had both and i love the hydraulic. Switch is on the steering wheel and i love it.
    http://i22.photobucket.com/albums/b3...t/DCP_5621.jpg

IMPATIENT 1
    i've had both to.i like the hydraulic one,but it seemed to wear out the divertor to bowl pins and bushings. i think it's because i never let off when adjusting trim.on my manual you have to let off alittle to "shift". i run a manual now and won't go back hydraulic, i like keepin things simple.with the manual i know my divertor postion too, the hydraulic one i had didn't have any kinda indication of nozzle angle so maybe this is why i'm partial.just my opinion.

El Prosecutor
    How has your diverter effected the performance of your boat? Are they worth the expense for moderate performance boats?

STROKER ACE
    You mean manual or hydraulic. Ive had both and i love the hydraulic. Switch is on the steering wheel and i love it.
    http://i22.photobucket.com/albums/b3...t/DCP_5621.jpg
    Your dash looks like my Hawaiian.

STROKER ACE
    on my manual you have to let off alittle to "shift". Do you mean the gas?

IMPATIENT 1
    on my manual you have to let off alittle to "shift". Do you mean the gas?
    i do, i paid 800.00 for the manual kit so i taking it easy on the nozzle and cable by lettin off the throttle alittle when i change the angle.when i race someone i don't.i'm a cheap azz,and i try to make things last.

IMPATIENT 1
    How has your diverter effected the performance of your boat? Are they worth the expense for moderate performance boats?
    yes!!!it's worth every penny either way you go with it(manual or hydraulic)
    your boat will perform better and the ride will be so much softer when your able to dry out the hull and get it "flyin" alittle.my wife didn't like what i spent on it till she went for a ride afterwards. she actually told me "yeah it's worth the 800".now if i can convince her a tunnel will get better gph than my taylor i'm set! :idea:

riverbound
    I have the hydraulic.
    IMO it was worth EVERY penny, and it did make my boating much more enjoyable by being able to adjust the attitude of the boat depending on water conditions.
    I chose the hydraulic because I didnt want somlarge bulky handle on ht efloor that people would trip over and stuff would get caught on. in a small boat storage is at a premium so I couldnt see why people would mount a large handle right to the middle of the floor (other than to save a few bucks) But next to a amotr that actually runs it was the best money ever spent on my Jet boat (which is for sale BTW)

Cole1313
    I think it really is up to the individual as to what they like!
    My take on it is this. Its a boat. Things can go wrong. Why add more problems, just get the manual. All you have to worry about is a cable. The handle is not a big deal if it is in the right place in the boat.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast