Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: B-max

hcb26
    Just wondering if anyone is running the B-max and what they think of it.

mrpumps HTM
    have one extra for sale ....tried to brake it with 1200 hp no luck ,its like a timex you know the story

Craig
    Hey Mrpumps, how come all you HTM guys switched away from the B-Max? I remember reading that in the begining you were all running the B-Max, but when I saw the gang at the finals at Firebird there was only 1 B-Max. I spoke with Steve briefly and he wasn't real thrilled with his old one and was now running a Teague drive if I recall correctly.
    What up?
    Craig
    PS, any word on other boat makes being allowed to race in the I/O class in 2002
    [This message has been edited by Craig (edited December 28, 2001).]

mrpumps HTM
    CRAIG ... GEARS GEARS AT THAT TIME THE B-MAX ONLY HAD A 1.30 I USED An HTM XR-1.50 GEAR
    dont really know a thing about the next race but i hope to see more boats in are class
    [This message has been edited by mrpumps HTM (edited December 28, 2001).]

hcb26
    Mrpumps im running it on my 26ft Howard cat and I love it I was one of the first ones to get one and ran it all summer and could not hurt it. I have a blowen 565cu. in. that dynoed at 1100hp I have probably 45hrs on the drive.I talked to a lot of the guys from Htm and they were telling me they were having shifting problems with theres and the XRs are alittle faster, which is true we had some shifting problems in the beging but with some minor adjustments everything is running great.

mrpumps HTM
    hcb26 you will have good luck with your b-max,the shifting problem is the only problem i know about and thats solved!
    PS. GET THE NEW LARGE PUKE TANK OIL RESEVOIR

hcb26
    Mrpumps are you running the B-max on your HTM,if so did you have to trim it out alittle more than the bravo if you even had the bravo before.

mrpumps HTM
    hcb26 .i have a xr drive on it now,dont remember about the trim
    [This message has been edited by mrpumps HTM (edited December 28, 2001).]

hcb26
    Hey Mrpumps why are you running the xr now, did you have trouble with the b-max or was it slowing you down alittle bit. I know all you HTM guys are running the xr's , because of the gears, or they are holding up better????

mrpumps HTM
    hcb26 the b-max drive takes about 15-20 more hp to turn than a xr due to gear size&oil resistance,but after you have one apart it is obvious its heavyyyyduty. now b-max offer a better selection of gears ,little late for me . stock 1.3.........now 1.45/1.25

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast