Does anybody have a list of who is building and selling blanks. I just pulled out my 77 Apollo out of the storage barn a few weeks ago and gave the wood a look over and found that it needs some wood in the transom and needs a stringer. It has a fresh 460 ford with scj heads with a fresh g berkley pump. It also needs paint so after thinking about the work and the cost, I figured it was time to start looking for another boat minus motor and pump. After looking at several hulls and even complete boats, I am finding that almost anything over 20 years old has wood problems that most of the owners didn't even realize.
I am thinking that if I could find a new blank I might be better off in the long run. I found that Ervin who ran Condor is building boats is Arkansas but really don't want a tunnel and another Wicked is building a gull wing but after almost being launched from one last summer after a 85 mph plus pass in some chop they tend to make me "pucker". After having a scary boat back in the early 80's which was a 75 16 foot cobra jet with a built 460 I want a boat that is stable. In fact that cobra was scary as hell in the chop. A friend of mine was launched twice from same boat in rough water and still hasn't forgotten it.
I wish somebody was building the old rochell open bow but havn't had any luck finding one and nobody appears to be building a "splash" of it. The tx seems to be in line for what I am looking for but after seeing prices of 9500 for a blank from a jet boat place in the midwest which seems to be a bit high.
Does anybody have a list of who is building hulls now?
skeeter