Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Jet boat hulls?

skeeter
    Does anybody have a list of who is building and selling blanks. I just pulled out my 77 Apollo out of the storage barn a few weeks ago and gave the wood a look over and found that it needs some wood in the transom and needs a stringer. It has a fresh 460 ford with scj heads with a fresh g berkley pump. It also needs paint so after thinking about the work and the cost, I figured it was time to start looking for another boat minus motor and pump. After looking at several hulls and even complete boats, I am finding that almost anything over 20 years old has wood problems that most of the owners didn't even realize.
    I am thinking that if I could find a new blank I might be better off in the long run. I found that Ervin who ran Condor is building boats is Arkansas but really don't want a tunnel and another Wicked is building a gull wing but after almost being launched from one last summer after a 85 mph plus pass in some chop they tend to make me "pucker". After having a scary boat back in the early 80's which was a 75 16 foot cobra jet with a built 460 I want a boat that is stable. In fact that cobra was scary as hell in the chop. A friend of mine was launched twice from same boat in rough water and still hasn't forgotten it.
    I wish somebody was building the old rochell open bow but havn't had any luck finding one and nobody appears to be building a "splash" of it. The tx seems to be in line for what I am looking for but after seeing prices of 9500 for a blank from a jet boat place in the midwest which seems to be a bit high.
    Does anybody have a list of who is building hulls now?
    skeeter

Hi Newbie...Welcome to HB ...stick around, there are people on here who know all the boat builders & u might also ck the "Spam" forum
    fastrat

Bense468
    What are you looking for in a jet boat? Thats a better place to start I think. So you don't want something too small, whats too small? whats too big? you don't want a tunnel, and you want a bare hull less then 9500. Slim chance on finding something just to be honest. Some companies won't sell bare layups unless they know you or know who is rigging it. They don't want the liability

poncho-pwr
    There is a guy here in the Southwest Arkansas area that has a very nice Rochelle with a stroker ford motor in it and a fresh Dominator pump that is for sale. It is white and emerald green and looks like it has been garage kept all it's life. I can get the particulars on it if you want me to.

canuck1
    Contact Eagle or Gator for a tunnel or Step-tech

moneysucker
    Budlight on the boards sells bare hulls gullwing style hulls. Do a search and you can find the whole progress and some really nice pix. Nice boats from what I hear. SDPM on the boards Neal at San Diego Performance Marine builds predator boats and has a gullwing style hull, open bow model and closed bow I believe along with a 19 picklefork mold you can get him on these boards as well. You can look into a bare hull from Tom Papp Racing as well and those are proven performers.

bp
    Contact Eagle or Gator for a tunnel or Step-tech
    are those less than 9500?

Rampager
    "are those less than 9500?"
    Last I heard yes a bare Eagle tunnel was "around" $8500 USD and even if it was a bit more its weeeeeeeellllll worth it. Seriously dude consider aluminum and break free from the stereotypical glass boat way of thinking. I think you will be duly impressed with the advantages of aluminum.
    Cheers

skeeter
    What I am looking for is something around a 19 to 21 foot hull. I want a boat that I can ski behind and be reasonably confortable. It needs to sit at least 4 people. I am going to get away from headers and be running "through the transom" exhaust.
    I have ridden in several tx's and found them to be what I am looking for as far as what is available today or what I have seen around. I would be open to a v hull if something was out there.
    As far as rigging. I would want them to at least mount the jet intake so that is something to be considered.

n8dawg
    You might wanna try www.millercustomboats.com . I heard that they are making brand new bare hulls out of their old molds. They can customize to your specs. Mine is 19ft. and handles very well in chop. Very stable ride!
    Check it out, I heard that for a hull and pump are running 8500 bucks but I'm sure you can work something out with them if you already have the pump.
    I think it would be worth looking into.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast