Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 74 Wreidt

dunerking
    Newbie here,great informational site here.I hope some of you don't mind some dumb questions.Here is my project,my dads old 74 Wreidt 18.5 jet with a 455 oldsmopile.I'm in the process of rebuilding all of the seats/interior.The paint has definately seen it's better day,but maybe down the road a new paint job will be in order.For now it's all about the interior and making that enjoyable and getting it mechanically sound.Looking for any sort of info on these Wreidt jets and any suggestions on what I'm missing and/or need to do.Thanks for any help/info.

Newbie here,great informational site here.I hope some of you don't mind some dumb questions.Here is my project,my dads old 74 Wreidt 18.5 jet with a 455 oldsmopile.I'm in the process of rebuilding all of the seats/interior.The paint has definately seen it's better day,but maybe down the road a new paint job will be in order.For now it's all about the interior and making that enjoyable and getting it mechanically sound.Looking for any sort of info on these Wreidt jets and any suggestions on what I'm missing and/or need to do.Thanks for any help/info.
    Welcome to HB ...stay tuned...there are several people on here who have Wreidt boats that can tell u all u want to know about them
    fastrat
    p.s. no ??? is a dumb ???

n8dawg
    Welcome to HB also. Come on in.... stay awhile. Lots of good info out there. Might wanna start with asearch for wriedt boats and see what/where that gets you. Lots of Oldsmobile's people who don't think of there motor as a pile but oh well. There's ford, chevy, olds, and some mopar people with all the tips and tricks of the trade to help you out with any combo.
    Good luck!

72wreidt72
    welcome to hot boat take a look at my 72 wreidt stinger , these boats really have a lot of history. this is what I know and it was told to me so I don't know all of the validity.... the hulls were made by gary wreidt who after stop building his own went to design hulls for sanger for umpteen years, from what else I heard they are the first jet boat propelled hull to break 100 mph...and I have access to gary wreidt through a friend of mine and I have been meaning to call and find out more history...sweet looking boat I can't wait to see the finished project! :crossx:

72wreidt72
    PS mine has a 455 and just put new heads on it so we will see how she runs! :crossx: :crossx:

likwidsukr
    Read entire post. you will see the man himself racing (Roger Weiman) and possibly where the "design" came from. Ask another on here oldrigger (http://www.***boat.com/forums/member.php?u=982) he is the most knowledgable on the hulls as he was a rigger back just a few years ago :rollside:
    LOOKY HERE (http://www.***boat.com/forums/showthread.php?t=117957)

dunerking
    72 Wriedt boat looks great,I hope those heads work out for you!Really excited about getting this boat out on the water again!It looks as if your boat is the same as mine,how do like the handling of this hull?I really like how the engine hatch is not upolstered and just glass.How well does the 455 motivate the boat?Thanks for the help.

El Prosecutor
    Check here for great help and info specifically on Olds powered boats:
    http://realoldspower.com/phpBB2/view...1c420a05293220

72wreidt72
    the hull has full stringers and is a bit heavier than most other jets but is a great boat handles well and I havn't done anything to the jet yet has an AB impeller turns on a dime as far as the 455 goes they are pretty good motors but don't rebuild one, it has been a chore and she didn't run right this last trip so I am gonna tear into more...still learning about the Olds' motors my biggest problem is getting it to start easy but when she fires it is good, the paint is fixin to be re-done as well ( this boat was on the cover of the 1982 ***boat mag pulling five skiers I think it was the october issue seen it once but I am trying to get a back issue.) everything is mostly original since it was built except for the heads obviously so I may go another direction with a good clean chevy block (all costs money) are you going with and olds? that is a great boat and I would love to see pics of your progress. :crossx:

dunerking
    I have toss the idea and put out some feelers for a BBC,but for now I'm trying to be responsible and focus on the interior(which needed to be completely redone;pics coming soon)and getting everything in the motor/jet reliable.Boat has not seen the water in 12-15 years,so you could imagine.Thanks for all the info!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast