Thread: what brand of gas?

W.O.T
    just wondering what type/brand of gas everone prefers. i usually run chevron or mobil 91 with a lead substitute added to the fuel for a little more protection and performance. does anyone else use or prefer any additives or particular brand of fuel? i have had bad luck with cheap arco gas causing detonation.

77CobraJet455
    Im actually a petroleum engineer for Chevron and all of the top brand gases with a cleaning additive is basically the same. Chevron loves to claim that they are the best but doesnt everybody. One other t hing, There are 18 differant blends of gasoline in the united states, so a boat in california wont be running on the same gas as a boat in texas. Lastly, just because your buying chevron gas doesnt mean its from chevron, It could have been refined anywhere, it has just had thier additives added to it after the refining process. The mom and pop stores just have the same gas without the additives. So your not gonna go wrong with any gas I dont believe. I say just stick with what you like and believe in.

W.O.T
    thanks for the info i appreciate it