Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: We Need More People Like...

burtandnancy
    Bill Gates. Today, he resigned from his day job at Microsoft to run his foundations full time. He has in excess of 50 billion (B) to give away. One of his comments was that in some third world countries it only takes $100.00 to save the life of a child. Why do we so often read about the greed of corporate officers like Enron, World Com, Adelphia and others who would steal the last dollar from their employees. Bill Gates has got to down as one of the last of the nice guys...

No Name
    If that’s true, he is one hell of a model American.

Ziggy
    How much money can one man really spend anyhow? I agree, he's been one of the more generous filthy rich people around.

Kilrtoy
    give me 50 BILLION, I too would give money hell, I would give half of that away and still die stinking rich

No Name
    How much money can one man really spend anyhow?.
    I don’t know, but I would love to have the opportunity to find out. :rollside:

Ziggy
    give me 50 BILLION, I too would give money hell, I would give half of that away and still die stinking rich
    gimme, gimme
    He earned it.

Tom Brown
    Bill Gates has got to down as one of the last of the nice guys...
    Gates is an obfuscating monopolistic fockwad. How do you think he made all that money?
    Microsoft revolutionized the IT industry. They have done some very good things for all of us and Bill is a big part of that. He screwed over Dave Allen and did some shady things to acomplish what he did but I doubt it was more than most other successful businesses have done.
    In the late 90s, however, things got dark and many of their practices were determined to be illegal. Remember the monopolistic conduct suit they lost? They still haven't released much of the source code they are under court order to do.
    Things aren't going so well for them in Europe, either. Monopolistic practices wise.
    The world is a better place for having Bill Gates but it's not all sweetness and light.
    Oh yeah.... and I'm sure he owes somebody money.... and won't return their calls.

Jordy
    Before his fortune got to what it is now, an economics professor of mine put it into perspective, granted this was 12 or so years ago back when he only had $30 billion, but if he was to spend a million a day until he died, and his kids spent a million a day from the day they were born until the day they died, and his grandkids did the same thing, they couldn't spend it all, I believe this was assuming a nominal return on his investments at the same time though. It was a self-fufilling kind of deal, trying to spend to keep up with the money it was making just by being there.
    It's been a while and a few of the weaker braincells have since been killed off to free up the rest of the herd, but it was along those lines. A phenominal amount of money. I just need a billion to get started. I won't touch it, I just want to live off the interest.
    Oh yeah.... and I'm sure he owes somebody money.... and won't return their calls.
    I bet it's Spammin' Thunder and that's why he hasn't paid for his shirts!!! It's all coming together now.

Tom Brown
    lol!
    If I were chosing great people to be friends with, I'd chose some folks from ***boat.com over Bill Gates. ... and I'm being serious.

Jbb
    Gates is an obfuscating monopolistic fockwad. How do you think he made all that money?
    Microsoft revolutionized the IT industry. They have done some very good things for all of us and Bill is a big part of that. He screwed over Dave Allen and did some shady things to acomplish what he did but I doubt it was more than most other successful businesses have done.
    In the late 90s, however, things got dark and many of their practices were determined to be illegal. Remember the monopolistic conduct suit they lost? They still haven't released much of the source code they are under court order to do.
    Things aren't going so well for them in Europe, either. Monopolistic practices wise.
    The world is a better place for having Bill Gates but it's not all sweetness and light.
    Brown.....stop hating...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast