Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: which outdrive to run??

blown daytona
    On the last run of the year my stock bravo one let go(lost fwd gear,drove the boat in backwards). I have a 25 daytona with approx. 730 HP, ran 105 on GPS with 20mph headwind, i turned the boat around to get a tail wind and hopefully bigger GPS numbers and at about 80mph it hit the rev limiter. I know I was on borrowed time anyway, but what do you recommend for the new outdrive??? Teague, IMCO, Bravoshop, any others???. Any help would be greatly appreciated (i only want to do this once)

ZSARGO
    I HEAR THE IMCO EXTREME IS THE WAY TO GO. LESS PROBLEMS THAN THE MERCURY DRIVES.

roln 20s
    I don't have any personal experiences with these out drives, but I SVO 540 has the IMCO Extreme SC (i believe sc) on his 26 DCB and hasn't had any problems yet. His engine is a blown ford pushing 1100 hp! If it can hang with that, I think your 730 hp should be fine.
    Good Luck!
    Roln 20s

Robbie Racer
    I have the B-Max drive with a 1100 hp motor and have broken the prop shaft once and the lower (XR/XZ) gears once. They wouldn't warranty it for me because I had in excess of 850 hp. Since you have less than that, I think the B-max would hold up for you, plus they should warrant it for you if you did have a problem. You might want to check the top manufacturers and see which ones will cover you if you do break it. That might help in your decision. Good luck, R/R

ZSARGO
    ROLN 20'S IS CORRECT. IT'S THE IMCO EXTREME SC. MY FRIEND WENT TO SAVAGE MARINE THE OTHER DAY TO GET HIS BRAVO REPLACED AND STEVE, THE OWNER, WILL NOT PUT ANYTHING BUT THE IMCO ON BOATS PUSHING HIGH HORSEPOWER. THERE WERE NUMEROUS BMAX'S, BRAVO'S, TEAGUE'S ETC ETC IN THE SHOP ALL TWISTED UP. NO PROBLEMS YET WITH THE IMCO. MY FRIEND GOT ONE INSTALLED HALF WAY THROUGH THE SEASON AND IT'S RAN FLAWLESS. ABOUT $9200 INSTALLED.

jm2drvr
    I took a ride in phils 26dcb over the weekend, very nice ride. Thanks again phil...see you next year, oh yeah, by the way, my wife's boobs are the real thing in case you were still wondering...he he he. Bryan

blown daytona
    thanks for the inputs, anyone else have any experiences or know of any, so I can get it right the first time. Thanks to all of you who responded to my headache!!

carreraboat
    3 words max machine werks

Charley
    jm2drvr:
    I took a ride in phils 26dcb over the weekend, very nice ride. Thanks again phil...see you next year, oh yeah, by the way, my wife's boobs are the real thing in case you were still wondering...he he he. Bryaneek!

Donnie
    I have over 40 hrs on a stock XZ drive with 890hp in a 25 daytona....with a one year warranty

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast