Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: S n O r I n G..............

Dave C
    Oh is that how you get her to leave.
    Thanks for the tip!
    My girlfriend sleeps in another bedroom because of my snoring.

topless
    I am not overweight and I have a huge snoring problem. I wake up still tired and with a sore throat. I have used the strips, throat spray, and nothing works.No silly, Not snoring, sleep apnea. Some normal people get it too.....but everyone I know who has it is overweight. I've heard I snore sometimes too but I think it's a lie.

Chase
    I am with J...try the tit thing... LOL

Havasu_Dreamin
    It's probably sleep apnea, as has been said, it can be very dangerous. I suggest he go to the Dr and get a referral for a sleep diagnostic test. While sleep apnea is a common side affect of being overweight, it can and will occur in those that are fit as well.

hoolign
    She could also try aroma theropy... I suggest loading up on Broccoli!

I Feel the Need...
    I am not overweight and I have a huge snoring problem. I wake up still tired and with a sore throat. I have used the strips, throat spray, and nothing works.
    Weight has something to do with it, but the skin on the top of your palate has more to do with it. The skin relaxes at night and if you breath through your mouth it vibrates causing snoring. If/when we drink it compounds the problem.

My sisters other half is driving her nutts and I am fearing for his safety if we can't find a way to quiet his snoring so she can get some sleep. Any suggestions out there.............................. :rollside:
    I suggest she get a barking dog. The kind that goes off about every 20 minutes as soon as you dose off. She'll no longer notice the snoring.

SummitKarl
    My sisters other half is driving her nutts and I am fearing for his safety if we can't find a way to quiet his snoring so she can get some sleep. Any suggestions out there.............................. :rollside:
    OH.......POT KETTLE BLACK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :jawdrop:
    turn the toupee around

Rev. Williams
    I'm living proof that this can be fixed...........
    I snored BAD for a long time, I was tired all the time and would come close to falling asleep at the wheel just driving to and from work (which is only a 9 mile drive). Then I went to the Dr and had surgery to fix a deviated septum and to clear the sinus area in the face. After that I had a Sleep Study done. This is were they hook you up to all sorts of monitors and record how well you sleep and how often you stop breathing. I was bad!! I stopped breathing constantly. The solution was a machine called a CPAP which is a device that you wear when sleeping that pressurizes your airway to keep the tongue from falling back on the throat and blockingthe airway. I can now say I'm snore free and WIDE AWAKE during the day!! It takes a good 2 - 3 weeks to get used to sleeping with this contraption, but is so worth it. Do a search on CPAP machines and ask your Dr about this. As some have mentioned, sleep apnea can be deadly, causing undue strain on the heart constantly. Get it handled and get a CPAP. Feel free to PM with any questions.

Tom Brown
    Tell your sister to start drinking as heavily as you do.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast